Upgrade options from Epson 8700UB? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-17-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I have had my Epson 8700UB for 2 years now and its been pretty good for me. I have recently developed a very slight red and yellow tint to the image but can only be seen on an all white image in the corners. Its not a big deal and not sure if its something that I can fix or not, you can barely notice it but I am anal. The PJ is out of warranty....

So I have been considering upgrades. Looking for a projector around $2500 or less. Would the Epson 5030UB be the best bet or what other PJs would be recommended at that price? I am running an Elite EZ screen high gain screen with a room that does have some ambient light only during the day. Its completely blacked out at night. Viewing distance is about 13' and the lens is approx 13-14' from the screen. This is how the room looks like. You can see what I am talking about with the ambient light. i need some blackout shades to help darken it on sunny days.

Also should mention. I am not interested in 3D. But if the PJ has to come with it to get what I am looking for then that is fine.

DSC06777+%2528Large%2529.JPG

Thanks
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-17-2013, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Welcome to my dilemma ..I sold my 8700ub and I'm supposed to get the 5020 here but before it I considered the epson 3020 and Mitsubishi hc7900dw dlp.... So far, I decided to stay away from optoma and benq because their warranties suck and I refuse to spend north of 1000 dollars and be covered one year. That's unacceptable to me because I work too hard for my money.
I'd say its a toss up between the 3020 and Mitsubishi 7900. .. Something tells me the Mitsubishi is better than the 8700 in terms of picture quality...however, nobody has given a fair review with pictures on this site. The epson. 3020 is much brighter than our 8700 so don't expect great black colors .however, 3d is amazing on it. Big decision but nothing makes me want to buy until I see shots of the hc7900
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Home Cinema 8700 Ub Projector , Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page