Ceiling mount projector placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-18-2013, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey folks,
I am in the process of replacing my Panny AE900U PJ that went bad on me. I loved the pj, but am looking to replace it with one of the lower priced value projectors (Optoma HD131Xe or BenQ W1070). I would love to get the Panasonic PT-AE8000, but college tuitions make that an impossibility.

In my current set-up, I have a dedicated basement (just over 7' ceiling) HT (no windows), a 106" diagonal severtson screen (silverish), two rows of theater seating (2nd row sits on a riser) and the projector was mounted slightly behind the second row. I liked the pj being behind us... kind of like a real theater set up. The throw for the Panny in that set-up was just over 18 ft.

However, with these new projectors I am looking at, the throw distance for a 106" screen is around 12.5 feet. That places the pj directly over my first row, and in front of my 2nd row of seats. I have no problem physically moving the mount forward, but...

I was just wondering if the pj being directly over us affects the viewing experience. Do any of you have a similar set up? I am sure the noise could be a little more of an issue (since it is closer to us), but how about the viewing experience. Would it bother 2nd row viewers?

I know this isn't a real technical question, just wondering if any of you have experienced this kind of set up.

Thanks!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ae900u Home Theater Projector , Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page