Anyone actually file a claim with Squaretrade on their PJ? What was the experience like? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-20-2013, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I can't seem to find any posts from anyone who had to actually file a claim on their squaretrade warranty for their PJ. Just curious to hear some experiences.

I bought a 8700UB brand new last year, off ebay though, with a 4 year squaretrade protection plan. I have a dust blob on the left side, but I can live with it. If Squaretrade were to send me a 8700ub replacement before I have to ship this to them, I could live with that, but I wouldn't want to even have one day PJ-less.

My other thought, since I can live with it, is wait until I can't live with it (like other dust blobs show up or other problems) OR file a claim in my final year of the plan, since I've also heard that Squaretrade more often than not simply sends you a check in exchange for the product instead of sending a replacement. Then I take that check and a buy a new PJ in 2016. But I don't know if that is the case, because I haven't heard of anyone who actually filed a claim with respect to their PJ.

Thanks in advance for any stories on filing claims with Squaretrade!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
I had one of their protection plans for a Samsung Galaxy S2 cell phone, they told me I could get it fixed locally and they would reimburse (but couldn't find anyone who would repair a cell phone locally unless it was an iPhone) otherwise I could send it into them for repair which is what I ended up doing, took about 2 weeks to get it back. So if you're looking for a swap since they didn't even do this for a cell phone I don't see you getting that.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-21-2013, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post

I had one of their protection plans for a Samsung Galaxy S2 cell phone, they told me I could get it fixed locally and they would reimburse (but couldn't find anyone who would repair a cell phone locally unless it was an iPhone) otherwise I could send it into them for repair which is what I ended up doing, took about 2 weeks to get it back. So if you're looking for a swap since they didn't even do this for a cell phone I don't see you getting that.

Fair enough, thanks! GIven that I would expect it to take longer than 2 weeks to send back a PJ and get it back, I might just hold off and see if I can live with the dust blob.

Still though, lots of people here buy squaretrade plans. Still would love to hear from people who have actually had to file a claim on their PJ. Thanks!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Home Cinema 8700 Ub Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page