which under 3000 dollar projectors do CFI in 3D mode? And how desireable is this? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-27-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I hate CFI normally. It's why I bought a plasma tv instead of a LCD. But my friend's Sony LED LCD has it and the effect makes me want to vomit. I was watching breaking bad, and it just felt like I was looking at a production set where they were filming the show. I feel this way about just about everything I see that has CFI enabled. But some folks say it makes 3d look significantly better. And since I do like 3D movies and am in the market for a projector perhaps this is something I need to research more.

I know the epson 5030 has it and the 5020 does not do FI in 3d. What other projectors in this price range (or cheaper) has it? And if you have seen 3D both with and without CFI, is it worth an additional 700 dollars? I just moved to a new house so an extra 700 beans would come in very handy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The Optoma HD33 has it that's the best bargain right now as refurbs are $800 some with 4 year warranties. Many of the DLP's have it as in ACER bd9500, benq w7000, optoma HD8300. Possibly the benq 1500 might have it not sure. As for LCD maybe the Panasonic AE8000, JVC and Sony's. all of those are up in price. I use it on my HD33 for 3D and some 2D on the lowest setting. Its not for everyone but some use it all the time for the Hobbit 48FPS look. DLP is of course the only true ghost free 3D tech.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page