New PJ Vs Old (Epson 710HD or Panasonic PT AX100U vs optoma HD65) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-08-2013, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to put together my first projector setup and looking to stay within limits. I have narrowed down to Epson 710HD refurb. a used Optoma HD65 and a used Panasonic PT AX 100U)

Any help in choosing one? The Epson is 100 bucks more than the other two but is much newer than these two. Panasonic is old but is LCD which I heard is better than DLP. All of them have almost new lamps.

What do you suggest I go with? This is for periodic use to watch movies and football in NOT so perfectly dark room.

Thanks for the help!

If there is any other pj that you think might be worth considering under $400, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukg View Post

I am trying to put together my first projector setup and looking to stay within limits. I have narrowed down to Epson 710HD refurb. a used Optoma HD65 and a used Panasonic PT AX 100U)

Any help in choosing one? The Epson is 100 bucks more than the other two but is much newer than these two. Panasonic is old but is LCD which I heard is better than DLP. All of them have almost new lamps.

What do you suggest I go with? This is for periodic use to watch movies and football in NOT so perfectly dark room.

Thanks for the help!

If there is any other pj that you think might be worth considering under $400, let me know.

This is a loaded question, like which of these used cars is the best. There are too many variables involved, the biggest one is how the previous owners used these projectors. Almost new lamps/bulbs means nothing since they could be cheap clones prone to die prematurely. The AX100U still used organic panels which can be problematic depending on hours used. As far as LCD versus DLP some will say that DLP is superior. They are different technologies. I'm assuming you are considering these projectors because you have a very limited budget.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ax100u Home Cinema Projector , Optoma Hd65 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 720p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page