Looking for projector for Text clarity - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am hoping to get a suggestion for a projector that aside from watching videos and the like I'd also like to be able to do some word processing on it.  Some of my games also have pretty small text that I'd hope can be visible on a 140" screen, and I have to deal with some ambient light, does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I'd be willing to give up video quality for text clarity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-10-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowman2 View Post

I am hoping to get a suggestion for a projector that aside from watching videos and the like I'd also like to be able to do some word processing on it.  Some of my games also have pretty small text that I'd hope can be visible on a 140" screen, and I have to deal with some ambient light, does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I'd be willing to give up video quality for text clarity.
Typically speaking, any 1080p projector, fed a 1080p source, will deliver the best possible image.

If your game is a 720p game and it is being scaled up to 1080p, then it won't be the projector introducing the problems, but the original source.

But, a projector like the Optoma HD131x or the BenQ W1070/1080 models should deliver very crisp text from a native 1080p source.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I would avoid 3LCD if one of your primary focuses is text clarity from the PC. LCD panel alignment could cause fringing... Stick with a 1-chip DLP projector like the HD131Xe or W1070 as AV_Integrated said.

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page