LG PA75U Play 3D Blu-ray? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-21-2013, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

I was pretty excited that this compact projector has built-in 3D -- no separate decoded needed. I tried the 2D-3D converter, which impressive as it is, I do not enjoy watching. But, at least it confirmed that the glasses work. But I've got a 3D blu-ray player, which until now, I've used exclusively with my Sony HMD. Now I can watch 3D with others -- so I thought. The projector doesn't recognize the blu-ray player while it's playing a 3D blu-ray. Everything's the same that I use with the HMD. And it does play 2D blu-rays.

The manual says it supports 3D from HDMI 1080p, but I don't know if the 3D blu-ray format is one that is listed by LG. Are there any settings on the projector or the player that will make this work? It's hard to imagine that it wouldn't support the standard 3D blu-ray. Anyone else using the PA75U with 3D blu-ray?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-21-2013, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It had built in 3d?

Is thou certain.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
I haven't worked to much with the 3D on this projector that much so all I can tell you is what I have experianced so far.
I found when ordred the glasses that it has to be DLP LINK glasses, it can't be IR or Bluetooth.
I have the Playstation 3 but have only played video games with the 3D and that was the 2D coversion to 3D.
I have not worked with a actual 3D disk or game with this so I can't tell you how that plays out.
I would guess this projector has a built in converter for 3D.
I would also guess that this projector can play most 3D formats.
Perhaps there is a setting on the Blueray player that could be changed to play 3D in another format so the projector can recognize it ?
Perhaps the projector is not recognize the format that the blueray is putting out and a setting could be reset on the projector ?
Perhaps it could be the HDMI cable does not handle the 3D signal ?
Those are posiblities that need to be looked into.
Do the most simple and cheap things first.
Go with the HDMI cable.
You can order realitively cheap cables from Amazon or Monoprice.
Remember with HDMI it's either a go, or no go with the digital signal and there has to be a HDMI hand shake.
It could be that the MHZ of the signal is to high.
This projector can only go up to 60 MHZ not 120 MHZ for 1080P 3D.
Might want to bump it down to 720P for blueray 3D.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-22-2013, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, it does have built-in 3D with DLP Link. I confirmed that the glasses work by turning on the 2D-3D conversion. I also know that the cable works, because it's the same cable I use to watch 3D with my Sony HMZ-T2. I'm even using an LG blu-ray player (BP-530), so they should be able to talk to each other. I don't see any settings for changing the format. I'll have to call LG tomorrow.

post #5 of 7 Old 12-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
In order for it to work with a 3d blu-ray player, it must be hdmi 1.4 compliant. Being able to play 3d from the computer is NOT the same requirement.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHampster View Post

Yes, it does have built-in 3D with DLP Link. I confirmed that the glasses work by turning on the 2D-3D conversion. I also know that the cable works, because it's the same cable I use to watch 3D with my Sony HMZ-T2. I'm even using an LG blu-ray player (BP-530), so they should be able to talk to each other. I don't see any settings for changing the format. I'll have to call LG tomorrow.
the LG blu-ray player (BP-530), has a AUTO Adjust feature or you can go into Setting under display/Picture and change it to 720p that should work
post #7 of 7 Old 12-23-2013, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigdaddye View Post

the LG blu-ray player (BP-530), has a AUTO Adjust feature or you can go into Setting under display/Picture and change it to 720p that should work

I was planning to try changing it to 720p, but when I tried it today, it just worked! It popped up a message that it was converting to 3D and that I should put on my glasses and enjoy. Yay! It's awsome! Thanks for the suggestions.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Lg Pa75u Dlp Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page