which one would you go with? viewsonic 7820hd or optoma 131-xe - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-26-2013, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

hello all. ive been researching for a low cost full hd projector for a while now and i think i have it narrowed down to 2 models..the viewsonic 7820hd and the optoma 131-xe..both do 3d out of the box with the help from a 3d bluray player, active glasses, and the media..they both have almost the same ansi lumen outputs and almost the same contrast ratio between the two..the big difference ive seen is that on amazon you can buy the 7820hd for 699.99 while the optoma is about 80-90 bucks more..basically im just looking for input as to which one you would buy and why..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-26-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 302
I would buy the Optoma or a BenQ W1070 (if price is close). Viewsonic, in my experience, has terrible build quality and engineering. They have stupid things go wrong and don't stand behind their products. They are far more diversified in their product offerings which means they seem to be happy to write-off their own poor quality in projectors more easily. They may look the same, but under the hood I trust both Optoma and BenQ far more than Viewsonic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Viewsonic Pjd7820hd Full Hd 1080p Projector , Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d , Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pjd7820hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page