So I'm facing a bit of dilemma in terms of which projector to go for for a home theatre setup. This is my first projector..
Here is my situation:
- Short throw if ceiling mounted (3.3m)
- Decent throw if I do floor mount from a shelf (4m)
- Sunny living room (plan to watch mostly at night so guess this is OK but brighter projecter preferable).
I'm tending more toward the HD25e because it is brighter and has less rainbows from what I gather. But this means that it will have to sit on a shelf alongside the sofa which may be less than ideal from a noise point of view. Also shadows if people walk in front the lens.
Unfortunately the HD25e won't give a big enough projection from a throw distance of 3.3m (i.e. if I ceiling mount it). So, assuming, I want at least a 100" wide screen, I have two options:
- Ceiling mounted W1070 (PROs less noise, out the way. CONs less bright, more rainbows).
- Floor mounted HD25e (PROs more brightness, less rainbows. CONs next to sofa, can't ceiling mount)
Both paths face compromise it seems..
Any feedback to tip me one way or the other would be massively appreciated!