New entry level 3D Projectors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Greetings,

I was wondering which new budget full hd 3D projector models and when will be available in 2014.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-13-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 336
There was little announced at CES which hasn't been discussed here already. The LG PG85 or something is their little LED 700 lumen (or so) 1080p model. I don't know if it does 3D, but I wouldn't get it.

The BenQ W7500 is on it's way and should be a minimal upgrade of the W7000. Similar optics, lens shift, etc. but 6x color wheel and better contrast.

Nothing else specific has been announced that I'm aware of yet. For the first time in a while the current crops of projectors are really running strong and companies like Epson JUST released new models a month or so ago, so we don't typically see new stuff from them announced until late in the year.

If you're waiting for something specific, I wouldn't hold my breath. The next step in all of this is UHD, and I would expect a UHD from Epson and perhaps from the DLP makers late this year or early next year with a hefty price tag.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 AM

Infocus IN8606HD is an excellent 1080p 3D projector for your buck. Out of box, colors are acurate but not perfect. Still need some tweaking to make it look at it's best. Here in USA it is selling for around $900. There is good description about this projector given by Dennis who design and developed this machine under this forum, read it. I am trying to get some settings no luck so far, this projector was released in November 2013. Good luck.

Syed

post #4 of 10 Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM

Liked: 14

What "settings" are you after, I bought one a few weeks ago.

Also OP should consider BenQ W1070, but only if its a small room.

post #5 of 10 Old 01-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post

There was little announced at CES which hasn't been discussed here already. The LG PG85 or something is their little LED 700 lumen (or so) 1080p model. I don't know if it does 3D, but I wouldn't get it.

It's a PF85U, 1080P, 1000 lumens, no zoom. At the projected street prices it's not really something I'd be interested in. LG seems intent on sticking with very small portable form factors that lead to really high pitched whiny fans and generally pretty cheap optics which lead to some focus uniformity and CA issues.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM

Liked: 11
Benq recently released the w1300 and w1400, but not in the US yet.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-14-2014, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13 View Post

It's a PF85U, 1080P, 1000 lumens, no zoom. At the projected street prices it's not really something I'd be interested in. LG seems intent on sticking with very small portable form factors that lead to really high pitched whiny fans and generally pretty cheap optics which lead to some focus uniformity and CA issues.
I've been talking to Evan at Projector Central as I want to review this unit if at all possible. I'm not sold on LED for the exact reasons you have given, but I want to get PC a good write-up with a fair comparison to a entry level full size model (the W1070) which is what I'm using now.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #8 of 10 Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 AM

I have been looking for some more information and review on the new Infocus projector as well. Best Buy had it at $800 for awhile.

Why can't I win a 50k shopping spree?
post #9 of 10 Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 AM

Video settings I am talking about, such as contrast, brightness, gain, offset etc. I notice facial tone look slight reddish, there is lack of shadow detail in dark areas, so how do you go about fix this problem by means of basic or advance tweaking. This projector is been in the market for just over couple months and there is not a single review out there. I can only hope that projectoreviews.com  Art Feierman review Infocus IN8606HD soon. Looking forward for his in-depth review. 

Syed  

post #10 of 10 Old 01-15-2014, 12:51 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoof Syed View Post

Video settings I am talking about, such as contrast, brightness, gain, offset etc. I notice facial tone look slight reddish, there is lack of shadow detail in dark areas, so how do you go about fix this problem by means of basic or advance tweaking. This projector is been in the market for just over couple months and there is not a single review out there. I can only hope that projectoreviews.com  Art Feierman review Infocus IN8606HD soon. Looking forward for his in-depth review. 

Syed  

I put my settings (starting from default Movie mode as base) in the IN8606HD thread below, probably best if you reply in that thread. I have it fired up watching football at the moment and very happy with the skin tones, although overall I like colours on the saturated side .... possibly because I live in the UK, pretty dull most of the time and I definitely don't want to fire up my projector and see accurately reproduced dull pictures !

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1494504/infocus-h8606hd-new-dlp-full-hd-3d-ready-isfccc/60

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread - W7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page