Looking For a "Once In A While" Projector - $300 budget - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm looking for a used projector that will be for watching an occasional movie or sports event on a 92" pull down screen in our living room. That's why it will be a "once in a while" projector. The bulk of our movie watching is outdoors, but this winter has been a bit too cold. The wife agreed to the pull down in the living room because she doesn't like sitting in our heated garage to watch a movie (go figure?) Anyway, looking for something with HDMI input as I run wireless HDMI in the house, would like 720p and native 16:9. Like everyone else in multi purpose rooms, movies are in the dark, a small amount of ambient light for sports. I currently have an Infocus IN72 (900 lumens, 2000:1, 854 x 480). We watched the Superbowl and a couple of movies with it and it's ok+. Not quite GOOD, definitely not great. I'm thinking a bit more brightness and resolution would be much better. I found an INfocus IN78 (900 lumens, 3500:1, 720p) for $300 but that seems a bit high for that old of a projector. I know brightness won't increase with it but I thought that better contrast and resolution might make up for. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks BTW - the outdoor projector is a dedicated unit, it sits in a climate controlled projector "shed" in the back yard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Find yourself a used Mitsubishi HC3000 with low lamp hours, should pay no more than $250 for it. If lamp is almost done, no more than $150-175. Will be quieter than the 72, had one before the HC3000 and will be a big upgrade. OEM lamp is $300 but will last over 3000 hours.
I would sell you mine but I want to keep it for backup.. BTW I bought it over 4 years ago used for $175 and put in a new OEM lamp. still looks as good as it did 3500 hours ago.
Good luck~
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc3000u High Definition 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page