best ceiling mount for hc7900dw - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey anyone,

I just purchased the hc7900dw and am shopping for a reasonably priced ceiling mount that will fit properly and allow for some adjustment. I would appreciate any guidance that might prove helpful. Thanks 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-21-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Chief RPMAU or any Chief Elite universal projector mount. Best mount on the market.

The Peerless PRGUNV universal projector mount is also considered very good, but I know personally that it doesn't come close to the build quality of the Chief Elite mount.

It is a universal mount which means it will work with your projector today, or the one you buy twenty years from now... (maybe)

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-21-2014, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that I need a mount with an extension of at least 18"

post #4 of 6 Old 02-21-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selmore View Post

I forgot to mention that I need a mount with an extension of at least 18"
The Chief mount uses 1.5" threaded pipe from your local hardware store. Pipe is available from a bit under 1" to a bit over 100 feet. Pick the drop you need. If you ever buy a different projector with different offset, you keep the ceiling mount, and buy a different extension pipe. I usually just buy them from Home Depot and spray paint them flat black, but they are sold specifically online.

ie: http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-NPT12-1-5-Inch-12-Inch-Standard/dp/B001YI0KE8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_p_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SM17RER686J8F8RHZR7

At the end of the day, this is standard 1.5" threaded pipe and is available in any length you need. I think the longest piece I've used was about 8.5 feet long.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your input, I checked out the mounts online. By their description I'm sure they are very well made, but I'm not sure I want to spend quite that much. I am definitely building my first theater on a budget. Do you or anyone else have any experience with the mounts in the sub $100 range? There are a lot of them on Amazon and other online retailers that seem like they could do the job quite well. My basement ceiling is about 102" but I have a ceiling fan in the middle that hangs down about 18". If I decide to remove the fan I can go with a flush mount otherwise it needs to have an extension. Thanks for any suggestion that would help.

post #6 of 6 Old 02-22-2014, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, with the HC7900 you need to have it mounted significantly higher than your screen, so I hope that you have done your homework on that prior to the purchase of the projector.

I have a fair bit of experience with mounts from $30 to $200, and the Chief is significantly better than anything else. Yes, the price matches, but you buy one mount forever. It's worth it to spend the money.

Still, on the cheap side with something that can be used with different standard 1.5" pipe, this is the best of the 'cheap' I have seen:
http://www.mountdirect.com/Projector_Ceiling_Mount_NPL_Series_p/npl.htm

Not even close to the RPM Elite series, but 1/3 the price or so.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page