Mounting questions (yeah, another one of those threads) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-24-2014, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

Hopefully a pretty quick and easy question- I got a new Mitsubishi 7900DW that should be arriving on Friday and I am getting things ready to mount it. I currently have a SI 92" 16:9 screen- the wall is 96inches high, and currently the screen is 12inches from the ceiling.

My viewing is about 14-16ft, and I will be mounting the projector about 11 feet back (I need to get up in the attic and figure out where the stud is running to anchor in, so it will be somewhere between 9 and 13ft mounted per the projection calculator- and I will probably error on closer as its a loft with complete black out windows and such- but not the best light control I could hope for.

So- my actual question- from the owners manual I already read on the projector that isnt here yet smile.gif I seems I will need the screen to be at least 15 inchs below the projector- which I would assume means I need to drop my screen a foot or so. I have the room to drop my screen- but it would end up being a bit low on the wall- Am I reading this all correctly? or did I make a mistake in my research

I really want to do it right this time- as I have been using my old sharp xr-10x and I mounted it by basically eyeballing it- which means that it was never quite in the horizontal center of the image- and I also use the dreaded keystone..... This time I want to do it like a big boy and get it done right.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 48
With the lens shift at minimum off set for a 110" screen I think its about 11" and should be even less for a 96" screen , I don't think you will have a problem. If so you might have to move the screen down a few inches.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page