New to Projectors.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Ok the majority of the threads i have seen are really really outdated. I noticed one a few down for projector under 700. I am really looking to know which are the better brands. What should i be looking for? My price range would be about the same 700 but if it is a significant difference then i could spend up to 1500 on one (with a screen and mount). Do i need a screen? I do have some ambient lighting in the room that projects onto the wall that i would be mounting on. I am always trying to find a good deal like off of slickdeals or something. So by any means if there is one that is an excellent deal let me know. Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Also i just noticed on refresh the deals tab at the top of the page. I will take a look there but i still would appeciate everyone .02 thanks.

post #3 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
We would need to know a lot more about the room you want to use. The first is to solve the ambient light problem because projectors can't deal with any light hitting the screen.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #4 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Well it would be in the living room. It has 2 windows that i have black out curtains on, A small window behind in the kitchen area which has a blackout curtain. Then the sliding glass door to the patio which doesn't hit on the wall.

post #5 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Any of the entry level 1080p projectors are what to look at. Optoma HD131, HD25, HD25lv the BenQ 1070 or for LCD tech the Epson 2030. You will need to do a lot more research read, read and read more through these threads to learn what you can about projectors. We can't explain everything to newcomers in just one post.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #6 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 03:54 PM

Liked: 12

Also, you have to consider that you will be spending at least 150 bucks on the screen and projector mount.

I paid for peripherals (screen, longer cables, mount, simple HDMI switch, no 3D stuff though) another 250USD if not more (didnt really keep count) plus shipping costs.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Optoma Hd25 Hd 3d Home Theater Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector , Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page