Epson powerlite 2030 on projectorcentral calculator doesn't show "ceiling" option - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-26-2014, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Epson-PowerLite_Home_Cinema_2030-projection-calculator-pro.htm

It doesn't give an option for how the projector is mounted. i.e. ceiling, floor etc?

Why? confused.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-26-2014, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Because it doesn't. Doesn't matter, it can be ceiling mounted just fine. Read the review or the owner's manual for offset information. If a projector does not have a 'known' offset or if the offset doesn't work with the calculator, or the projector has lens shift, then the projector defaults to the 'middle' of the screen. This is NOT accurate and you must read the manual or reviews to determine the offset. The 2030 has -8% offset. So, when ceiling mounted, the center of the lens must be 8% of the image height below the top of the screen. So, if the screen is 50" tall, the center of the lens must be 4" below the top of the screen. If the screen is 8" from the ceiling, the center of the lens would need to be 12" from the ceiling. This is very unusual for projectors. Most need to be several inches (or more) above the top of the screen.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post

Because it doesn't. Doesn't matter, it can be ceiling mounted just fine. Read the review or the owner's manual for offset information. If a projector does not have a 'known' offset or if the offset doesn't work with the calculator, or the projector has lens shift, then the projector defaults to the 'middle' of the screen. This is NOT accurate and you must read the manual or reviews to determine the offset. The 2030 has -8% offset. So, when ceiling mounted, the center of the lens must be 8% of the image height below the top of the screen. So, if the screen is 50" tall, the center of the lens must be 4" below the top of the screen. If the screen is 8" from the ceiling, the center of the lens would need to be 12" from the ceiling. This is very unusual for projectors. Most need to be several inches (or more) above the top of the screen.

What kinda projector doesn't have a ceiling mount? :-s

But I don't think i understand your post properly...i am not a techie at all so much of what u said just went over my head. Will i be able to mount this projector and adjust screen settings through the manual as i normally would? :-s
post #4 of 4 Old 02-27-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by 198four View Post

What kinda projector doesn't have a ceiling mount? :-s

But I don't think i understand your post properly...i am not a techie at all so much of what u said just went over my head. Will i be able to mount this projector and adjust screen settings through the manual as i normally would? :-s
The projector can be ceiling mounted and must be mounted properly to hit the screen accurately. If you are unaware how to properly mount and setup a projector, then you should not buy a projector until you get the idea of how to do so. People often get screwed when they realize that the projector they just bought won't actually work the way they thought it would because they didn't ask questions and didn't read the owner's manual.

Lens Offset: Distance between the center of the projector lens and the top of the screen (when ceiling mounted)
Lens Shift: The ability to adjust the optics (lens) of the projector to shift an image up/down and perhaps left/right, so it hits the screen properly (not all projectors can do this)

What else didn't you understand, because you really should understand these basics before any projector purchase.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page