Recommend an Inexpensive Projector for Projecting Numbers/Text onto a Wall? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 29
My friend who has a catering business wants me to recommend a budget projector for him that he can use to project numbers for his packagers onto a wall. If it worked okay for video he wouldn't mind that either but that is not the priority ...

Any ideas on what I could recommend to him? Would a simple slide projector be better or would it make sense to use a video projector to do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 377
What will the environment be like? A kitchen with high heat, potential pollutants, and lots of light?

My recommendation would be for the cheapest 1280x800 projector with as much light output as possible.

I'm not really getting the overall plan here or how he intends to implement it, but in a non-controlled space, you need lumens more than anything else.

Under $1,200 there are 85 projectors with more than 3,000 lumens, the brightest being 4,500 lumens.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=1&hide=0&st=1&mfg=&p=300&p=1200&w=&r=12&br=3000&br=30000&ll=&ltg=&t=&db=&dt=&c=&ar=&dvi=&wr=&pjl=&pjw=&pjh=&td=&i=d&is=&sort=brt&sz=15

I would look at the budget, and go with a model with a good warranty and lots of brightness and keep the screen size down if you are combatting ambient light.

Look for a lamp rated for higher hours as well.
Tangled Cable likes this.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-15-2014, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thanks for responding, AV!

I will get more information from my friend about the space and post back.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP