Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Optoma will bring out two new Models this June, the HD50 and the HD36

Here are the specifications about the HD50 :

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/2014/05/08/optoma-hd50/

Texas Instruments new 0.65” 1080P DC3 Chip
New Pure RGBRGB C/W provide the best color image
New Display mode of “Vivid” for improving the lifelike object feelings and enriching the dimension
HDMI * 2 , for high quality digital input ( support the HDMI 1.4a Blu-ray 3Dformat)
Latest PureEngineTM image processing chip, it provide the lifelike 2D->3D tech. and the latest PureMotion plus new Ultra Detail II, it make the movie smoothly and 4K-like details combining wide color performing to gain more 3D depth on it.
The latest natural real 2D -> 3D lifelike processing
Advance CMS processing and Color Temp. & Gamma provide more than 100+ image curve to match any kinds of movies
New Dynamic Black tech. to represent the pure high contrast of the original movies
USB power for optional HDMI wireless dongle supply
Support New 3D professional RF Glasses for best 3D feelings
Support ISFccc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 127 Old 05-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 22
From site in Australia doing pre-orders:

• Full HD 1080P
• 2000 ANSI Lumens
• 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio
• *Bonus* 2 Pairs 3D Glasses
• 3D Ready
• Up to 7000 Hours Lamp Life

$3,199

http://www.avaustralia.com.au/optoma-hd50-dlp-3d-home-theatre-projector/

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer. Watch this!"
post #3 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like Optoma China has all the latest projectors...
http://www.optoma.com.cn/Products/HomeTheater.aspx
post #4 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

This showed up the same time as the HD36 on a french A/V blog. Well that's interesting. I googled the HD36 this weekend and the Australian A/V site that had been taking preorders is no longer offering it. I thought maybe it was vaporware. I was going to get the BenQ W1070 soon but may now wait to see what becomes of the HD50 and HD36 while I work on a new screen.

post #5 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 133
When I read through it and the hd36, the material seemed to have conflicting information as to whether it was really RGBRGB or not. Some of those specs sound like it isn't. I'll cross my fingers for a manual iris all the same.

Simple
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
post #6 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 08:36 AM

Just need it to be google translated.Optoma HD50.This is being sold around 1600 USD in China.
http://www.optoma.com.cn/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=494&Category=Home
post #7 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 291
At 2,000 rated lumen, I'm thinking it may be a RGB/RGB color wheel. This would be a huge thing as I think BenQ has handed the 'bright' home theater models their collective butts over the past year and a half because of the far better color and real world lumen delivery that is given using a RGB/RGB color wheel. Considering the sub $1,000 price point of the W1070, it is a clear target which others have to beat, or at the very least match, for similar money.

There is a huge gap as well between the $800ish W1070 and the $2,200 Sony 40ES models that basically no projector fills with more quality. You don't have a bunch of projectors with a better lens, or serious zoom, or great lens shift in there. You don't have a bunch with good CFI or automatic iris controls, etc. This is all potential options which people will pay for, but once you get near $2,000 you better have a better product than the LCoS delivery in the Sony 40ES. I'll wait for reviews, but am hopeful for what can be delivered, especially with two new models coming down the line.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #8 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post

At 2,000 rated lumen, I'm thinking it may be a RGB/RGB color wheel.

Appears you would be correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

Here are the specifications about the HD50 :

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/2014/05/08/optoma-hd50/

Texas Instruments new 0.65” 1080P DC3 Chip
New Pure RGBRGB C/W provide the best color image

About time, too! We'll have to see if US pricing holds up... But I'm optimistic that we have some W1070 competition at last. (Or is that... Optoma-istic? wink.gif )

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #9 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 09:30 AM

Some more info.This was released in May in China.
http://www.pjtime.com/2014/6/192522565134.shtml
post #10 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone know the timing for Optoma to release their PJs? Is China first then the rest of the world? Europe next? Weeks, months? I'm worried that the HD50 and HD36 are being released in China as a sort of advanced beta test well in advance of us ever seeing it. I could wait until late August or so but I don't want to start chasing dragons instead of getting a W1070 and being done.

post #11 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Beverage View Post

Does anyone know the timing for Optoma to release their PJs? Is China first then the rest of the world? Europe next? Weeks, months? I'm worried that the HD50 and HD36 are being released in China as a sort of advanced beta test well in advance of us ever seeing it. I could wait until late August or so but I don't want to start chasing dragons instead of getting a W1070 and being done.
You can still bet it either won't match/beat the w1070's price OR won't offer a better placement/features set if it does manage to get close to $800. Unless it offers a good iris or a price below the w1070, the Benq will remain the most logical choice.

Simple
, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
post #12 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

I'm willing to go up to $1,200 depending on the features/performance. Not crazy about the offset/shift on the W1070 or the fan noise. Haven't heard much about dust blobs lately so hopefully that's not an issue. My old PJ is 6 years old. I want my next one to keep me as happy, hopefully for as long. I don't want to kick myself by getting the W1070 just to find two months later the HD50 looks as good (maybe better), has better placement for my setup, and is quieter. I'm also afraid of getting caught in loop of waiting for the next Optoma, only to then hear that the W1070 is about to be released, then the next best-ever budget beauty after that. If I knew the timing of the HD50, and started to hear performance reviews in the meantime, I may wait, as long as the reviews remain positive. Just don't know how Optoma times it releases.

post #13 of 127 Old 06-10-2014, 07:53 PM

I think there's a good chance here in the U.S. that they'll come up with something similar to the LV line.
Last year the HD25 was released in Europe with around 2000 lumens.
A couple of months later,we got the 25-LV version with 3000 lumens.
It is obvious that the replacement model for the HD25 this year is the HD50 and...
we could get the similar treatment of the boosted lumens.
This also has 2 features missing from the HD25,the frame interpolation AND the lens shift.Plus, this has RF option for 3D with the vesa port.
post #14 of 127 Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

There is info out on the HD36 that has 3,000 lumens but lower CR than the HD50. Maybe the HD36 will be aimed at the home entertainment crowd while the HD50 will be for the home theater people.

post #15 of 127 Old 06-11-2014, 06:26 AM

I don't think the HD36 has frame interpolation.
post #16 of 127 Old 06-11-2014, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
you are right,There is info out on the HD36 that has 3,000 lumens but lower CR than the HD50. Maybe the HD36 will be aimed at the home entertainment crowd while the HD50 will be for the home theater people.thanks[IMG]http://*******/8e9eFH[/IMG]
post #17 of 127 Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

From Optoma's China website (translated by google). Think it sasy 2,200 lumens?:

http://www.optoma.com.cn/Products/Pr...&Category=Home

Optoma exclusive PureEngine Ⅳ fourth-generation imaging engine clean, restore the true color image

Ultra Detail
To create ultra-high pixel performance, HD50 to join an exclusive Ultra Detail display technology, Blu-ray movie images at 24 frames per second, the basis of each new scene features and different periods of time before and after the scene analysis, the calculation of the new 36 grid 1080P screen and native 24-image portfolio sake of 60 frames / Sec video, creating a second (124 Mega Pixe extremely pixels);

PureColor
Further evolution Optoma exclusive Truevivid technology for a variety of different signals can, enhanced RGB midtone brightness and saturation, and with Optoma Gamut
curve, according to different scenarios to adjust image detail gradation and improve the overall image contrast and image body thick, color is more beautiful.

PureMotion
The use of ultra-high-speed algorithm technology to solve 2D, 3D movie playback dull sense of, so that the picture is more fluent and smooth, and allow the body to move in a more three-dimensional; and open the player option in accordance with the viewing preferences, be adjusted four sections, To bring the image? unprecedented dynamic!

PureEngine Demo
This feature can be turned on real-time contrast PureEngine options are strong differences with the weak, and you can check the settings adjust PureEngine. Consumers can choose the best mode according to personal preference.

Professional color management system CMS
CMS function to select a color (R / G / B / C / M / Y) to adjust its x / y offset and brightness, to fine each color change to meet consumer to adjust their preferences colors demand.

The new coating color wheel design
HD50 with a new coating RGBRGB Six-four times as high-speed color wheel, a significant increase in RGB color gamut, color gamut, color outperformed HDTV.

Unishape TM bulb color enhancement technology
Provides more vivid and bright "red", while indirect promotion "yellow" color performance segment, in RGBRGB Six-color wheel, using this technology can achieve Gnd dark green color segment, no additional green noise filter (ND filer ) to have better shadow detail performance.

Brilliant Pulse Colorful enhanced
Enhance light output in blue, red or white segment; By reducing the output stage to enhance the green light output of other color segments, and thus enhance the overall brightness of the output (color wheel design increases output performance).

Dark Pulse enhanced black level
Improved dark green unstable situation (+2 bits);
without increasing ND filer can have better performance of the dark.

Perfect support 3D 1080P display
Perfect support for the latest HDMI 1.4a 3D Blu-ray format, can be used with 3D Blu-ray machine, XBOX360, PS3, etc. Play the source, you can enjoy wearing 3D shutter glasses 3D high-definition big screen, play 3D games, enjoy the scenery of wireless 3D images!

Optoma Blue Ray 3D system, full support for MVC 3D video coding
technology to complete play Blue Ray 3D movies; beyond traditional 3D 120Hz flicker caused, HD50 all-new generation of 144Hz, has a stronger refresh rate, reduce fatigue watching 3D movies feeling. Interface particular set VESA 3D interface signals can be synchronized RF 3D glasses.

Support 2D to 3D
HD50 can convert 2D sources into a Blu-ray player to play 3D images, a 3D film source solution less troubled, so that a large number of existing conventional 2D video, heavy
now screen classic.

Wide-angle lens design
HD50 with 1.5 times zoom lens, the zoom ratio projection (Throw Ratio): 1.39 - 2.09:1; 2.46 ~ 3.76M can project 80 "(16:9) big screen, 3.08 ~ 4.63M can project 100 "(16:9 ) big screen. Particularly suitable for China's home environment, small space big picture is not a dream.

Lens shift function
HD50 supports vertical shift function, to achieve vertical 110% ~ 124% (± 5%) of the lens shift, making installation more convenient and flexible.

HDMI LINK (CEC) Sync Control Function
By opening / disable HDMI Link feature that allows a single device or a group of multiple devices or power supply switched off. Simply use HDMI cable to connect multiple HDMI CEC compliant devices to the projector machine, you can use the projector in the OSD HDMI Link control functions the same power supply is turned on or off state to control them.

Support for mobile devices directly projector (MHL protocol compliance with devices that support only)
HD50 supports MHL direct projection, simply use the MHL cable HD50 directly to the terminal MHL mobile device connectivity and protocol support, you can easily achieve your phone or tablet's screen projection out of sync, share your convenient storage on mobile devices file / photo / image. ((MHL protocol only supports Android system)
dan webster and Elix like this.

post #18 of 127 Old 06-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have been looking for an inexpensive dlp 3d projector to mount next to my sony hw50 projector. I was using a mitsubishi 7900 ( i bought this for $695 used to give to my son for his new house) for 3d viewing and it was so much better than my sony for 3d that now that t cant enjoy 3d anymore. The 7900 did not really work for a permanent placement as the throw distance is not short enough. I have a 110 screen and the projector needs to be mounted 11.5 ft from the screen. I also have a low ceiling so the lens is a couple of inches below the top of the screen. This Optima hd50 looks very promising. I still may have to tilt it alittle if the lens shift is not adequate. Does anyone have any more information on when this will be released in the US?

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

post #19 of 127 Old 06-19-2014, 07:18 PM

Some pics...
http://projector.zol.com.cn/461/4612941.html
Actually found a review.There will be more reviews to come from China since this is really a brand new item.
http://projector.it168.com/a2014/061...01636100.shtml

Last edited by urbeenjammin; 06-19-2014 at 07:36 PM.
post #20 of 127 Old 06-24-2014, 08:18 PM

post #21 of 127 Old 06-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbeenjammin View Post
Looks like Optoma China has all the latest projectors...
http://www.optoma.com.cn/Products/HomeTheater.aspx
That's only natural, there all made there.
post #22 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 05:02 AM

Optoma HD50 looks very similar to Vivitek H1180HD, priced $780 in USA.

Featured DarkChip3 Technology and BrilliantColor Technology too.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._lumen_3d.html

Is is the same model?
post #23 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evgbog View Post
Optoma HD50 looks very similar to Vivitek H1180HD, priced $780 in USA.

Featured DarkChip3 Technology and BrilliantColor Technology too.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._lumen_3d.html

Is is the same model?
No, the back planes are different and the Optoma has lens shift. They may come off the same assembly line, but the processing, optics, and other features are likely significantly different between the two models making them really non-comparable on paper.

- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #24 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbeenjammin View Post
I translated that thing, and despite them going through some menus and such, they didn't actually test the projector or give it much of a review overall. It was more of an extended advertisement instead of a critical review.

How are black levels? How is motion? What was measured contrast? Brightness? ANSI? Color? Greyscale tracking?

It looks like it has a pretty decent color management section, which will be good for calibration, but I hate reviews that read more like advertisements. I certainly don't need to see the 'menu' of the projector, I just need to know that it can deliver what I want.

Meh, it'll get here eventually and hopefully into the hands of Projector Central and Projector Reviews for a good look.

Considering the very limited lens shift, it's mainly the CFI, and RF 3D which seems to set it apart from the W1070, so it needs to be priced accordingly.

post #25 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I don't think this unit is anything like the vivitek.

After scouring the web for everything I could find on this unit, the following three aspects caught my eye.

1) 2200 lumens. This is brighter than Benq 1070 and way brighter than the Sony 40 es.

2) 50,000 CR. Yeah, I know these are just published specs. Even so, doesn't this makes this unit 5-10 times better (on paper) than the 1070 and even the Sony 40es?

3) the price. I can't find the MSRP but I did find some dealers in NZ who are selling it (street prices) for $2800 USD. This is far from a cheap/entry PJ. Assuming the MSRP is higher than the street price, then this would push this PJ out of this forums territory and into the >$3k PJ area. More importantly to me, that makes this unit more expense than the Sony 40es. Is it really better, brighter with 10x more CR?

I am interested in any shoot out of this project, but the price range surprised me. Maybe it will be heavily discounted to compete against the SOny 40es when it hits the states.

Again, specs are just that. I read the Chinese review and it sounds great.. Looks like Optoma is aiming for a mid-low-tier market (between sony 40es and Sony 55es type of thing).

We shall see!

Signed,
Cautiously optimistic.....

You are born with a gift. Life is all about understanding, nurturing and sharing it.

Last edited by jkirby; 07-14-2014 at 09:08 AM.
post #26 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
No, the back planes are different and the Optoma has lens shift. They may come off the same assembly line, but the processing, optics, and other features are likely significantly different between the two models making them really non-comparable on paper.
Look at the pictires of Optoma HD50 and Vivitek H1180HD. Case and lens looks almost identical, the only differense is case color, some minor back connectors and control buttons. It is known that they have same chip. Maybe Optoma has more features and different lamp, but I'm sure they shares same platform and internal design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	160889   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	160897  

Last edited by evgbog; 07-14-2014 at 11:29 AM.
post #27 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Don't see that big of difference between this and Optoma's HD131xe More contrast 50,000:1 compared to 18,000:1. The 131 is brighter at 2500 lumens. And at $720 the 131xe is still a great bargain.
post #28 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 01:02 PM

well, there has GOT to be more differences than the 131xe than an increase in CR to justify the 4x increase in cost.

You are born with a gift. Life is all about understanding, nurturing and sharing it.

post #29 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindman0v0 View Post
Don't see that big of difference between this and Optoma's HD131xe More contrast 50,000:1 compared to 18,000:1. The 131 is brighter at 2500 lumens. And at $720 the 131xe is still a great bargain.
Stop reading the specs! The 131 isn't close to as bright as this will be when actually calibrated and delivering decent color output. Much like the W1070, the use of a RGB/RGB color wheel ends up delivering a full color image that is far brighter and more accurate than the 131, 25e, or 25-LV models. This projector may very well be worth owning, but the price tag and image quality really need to deliver to prove itself to be better than the W1070, and perhaps even the Sony 40ES (considering the price).

post #30 of 127 Old 07-14-2014, 02:17 PM

let's not forget about the w1070+ that is coming out soon. if nothing else, that should put out equal lumens to the HD50.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page