The Official BenQ W7500 Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 05-21-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yesterday I received my very own W7500 test model to have and to hold and to cherish forever. I had them to upgrade the firmware before sending it out too. They tossed in a free pair of 3D glasses. BenQ 5J.J7L25.002. The new model is an upgrade from my previous projector, the W6000, of which i sent back to them. They told me i could upgrade to a newer model but at the time when they told me, all that they had was the W7000. A few weeks later I complained to them about my trouble and the lady said that they had one used W7500 in stock. The rest was history.

Apart from some fingerprints on the top, the projector was in excellent shape. Brand new for the most part minus the 90 some hours on the lamp. I got everything hooked up last night along with my newly delivered Oppo BDP-103 blu ray player and wow what a great picture. The W7500 was smooth as butter turning on and made no obvious noise during the movies i tried out. The 60,000 contrast and the DC3 chip delivered the goods for picture quality. Blacks are black and the pixel structure is barely if even noticeable up close. I left the settings the way it came to me. Cinema mode and brilliant color. Dynamic black on. I did turn off the brilliant color after awhile. Lamp was in economic mode. Gamma 2.4. I'll dive into the service menu to check the iris out later. I'm guessing since this is a test unit for reviewers they might have fixed the necessary settings. Then again they might have not completely fine tuned everything depending who tinkered with it last. Out of the box was pretty good though.

2D to 3D conversion worked as it should, giving some depth to the overall picture. I didn't try out the Oppo's conversion yet since with that I can adjust the 3D a bit but they sent me the wrong remote. The conversion is iffy with dark scenes. The Avengers, opening sequences which is mostly dark, i had a hard time noticing the 3D effect. A few screenshots are below from Freebird are included here. Home Depot twenty dollar board but will start my research on a more fitting screen. I'll upload some better screenshots later when i have more of a chance to sit with the projector and test some normal blu rays and 3D blue rays out. Love it so far. and yes the Frame Interpolation is a bit aggressive. on the lowest setting you can see the soap opera effect clearly. Will try it out with 3D stuff to see how it looks. The glasses they gave me had no crosstalk and was flicker free when i was trying it out. Colors and blacks looked about right with the glasses too even if it was a bit dimmer than 2D.

JoeBoy73 and inefekt like this.

Pioneer Elite SC-05
JBL Studio S310 fronts, JBL Studio S26II's mid and S36's rear.
Epik Sentinel subwoofer
Slim PS3
Oppo BDP-103
BenQ W7500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-21-2014, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Awesome! I currently have the 1070 and was thinking of maybe upgrading. Did they happen to mention when the PJ would be more widely available?
post #3 of 12 Old 05-21-2014, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

After looking at the bottom pic i took i noticed the (for EU) BenQ Europe BV. Maybe mine isn't a US version. Hard to say. They said it is available through dealers and installers. Unfortunately it might not even be available in the states from the way it looks. Its on a UK site for sale and in stock. I found it on Amazon for only 4 grand. If i'm one of the fortunate few that even own this outright than that'll be interesting. You'd think that BenQ would market the heck out of this and get it more available. Hope they aren't seeing the end of the road for theater projectors.

Pioneer Elite SC-05
Epik Sentinel subwoofer
Slim PS3
Oppo BDP-103
BenQ W7500
post #4 of 12 Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it possible to lower the black level by tweaking the iris in the service menu? Especially when it is such superbright.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-03-2014, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

There are aperture settings in the service menu. I'll be playing with that soon and see how it works. Not sure yet of what the settings should be to get the iris down enough.

Pioneer Elite SC-05
Epik Sentinel subwoofer
Slim PS3
Oppo BDP-103
BenQ W7500
post #6 of 12 Old 09-11-2014, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Any updates on the 3D performance on this projector? If you have experience with 3D on a full HD LCD projector (such as the Epson range or Panasonic ae7000/8000), how do they compare especially in terms of brightness?
I currently own the ae7000 and crosstalk in 3D mode is beginning to annoy me so I'm looking to sell it and buy a DLP for crosstalk free 3D.

Cheers
post #7 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Ordered a New In Box BenQ W7500.

Hope to have it by Thursday night, but more then likely it will be Friday night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Watching this thread to see how it goes. Is this one a keeper? Kinda slow out of the starting gate? They've been available since when?

post #9 of 12 Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by legierk View Post
Watching this thread to see how it goes. Is this one a keeper? Kinda slow out of the starting gate? They've been available since when?
I'll let you know if it is a keeper. I usually hang out in the over 3000+ thread and have tested nearly every type of projector under $15,000 (JVC's / Sony's / Marantz / Runco / Epson)

I personally hope so as I plan to keep it till good 4K Laser projectors become avail.

This BenQ has been avail from I beleive March of this year, but is slow because BenQ is not marketing it well at all.

Last edited by SOWK; 09-16-2014 at 03:27 AM.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-16-2014, 10:51 PM
aak

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I installed W7500 last week and I replaced my JVC HD550 with Benq.My first impressions are;
+Sharper Image
+Much Much Brighter
+Perfect Screen Uniformity
+Crosstalk free 3D

-Lighter Blacks (not so bad but noticable even with auto iris) Auto iris is not working any white objects or even a white dot on the screen...
-Color Accuracy . Brilliant Color helps much but JVC much better
-Louder fan even in economy mode.
-Build quality... be careful with lens shift dial.

106inch DA-LITE Matte White
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batman 1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	266249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Railwayman.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	266257  
post #11 of 12 Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 PM
aak

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Two more pictures directly from Youtube
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4k.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	266297   Click image for larger version

Name:	4k 2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	266305  
post #12 of 12 Old 09-17-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aak View Post
-Color Accuracy . Brilliant Color helps much but JVC much better
Just so you know, Brilliant Color actually decreases color accuracy. It increases brightness and contrast of the image, but color accuracy suffers.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread - W7500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page