Cre x2000vx - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 95 Old 07-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Haw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The idea of packaging a projector with a video processor is not new. Wolf Cinema did this with a rebadged Optoma HD91 LED projector, bundling it with a Lumagen Radiance and selling it at, IIRC, 3-4x the price of the original standalone Optoma.
www.wolfcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SDC-25_Product_Bulletin_11-13.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 07-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Haw

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
They are still good looking videos, but I wouldn't trust them to be accurate representations of Panasonic's original intention after YouTube has had its way with them.
Great, if this still looks good on the CRE, as Dinand had reported, it should in all fairness, perform better (not worse) with original full hd 1080p Bluray sources via HDMI.

By default, LED projectors have a wider color gamut compared with REC709. The RGB leds also have very narrow spectra wavelengths that produce very pure intense colors. As a result, the colors of LED projectors will look oversaturated and unnatural. This is a known fact that can can be tamed to conventional REC709 color space with calibration. This is where a video processor with a full CMS like the Iscan Duo could fill in to uplift its performance with accurate REC709 x-y color coodinates, gamma and grayscale.

For comparison, the Cine1000 LED projector from DPI that has visible rainbows, no zoom, on lens shifts, no CMS and colors that are oversaturated sells for $10,995. The CRE with the Iscan Duo can be had for 1/5th the price. I have no horse in this race but it has been my pleasure to try to put things in the right perspectives.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Digi...e_LED_1000.htm
post #93 of 95 Old 07-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 134
I doubt the cine1000 commands that sort of price today unless it has something significant to offer over the competition such as a tough military design for field use, external lens fittings, and/or extremely high-grade optics for a much clearer and sharper picture.
Otherwise, accurate and feature-rich is available for $1200 in other LEDs without zoom so you effectively exchange $1000-1400 for requiring more careful measuring.

If you count the lack of panel adjustment and the high amount of CA in the CRE2000 and account for its limited resolution from those effects, its zoom is now having to be worth an additional $1550-2150 price premium over the $450-650 competition which has the same visible resolution and clarity, same brightness, faster lag-time, clearer/cleaner 3D, hardier sealed design, better warranty service, but no zoom.

For $1550-2150, I bet someone could aftermarket a zoom-lens of some kind..for that kind of money I'd expect a decent quality too. You can build your own with large crystal prisms for around $100. Personally I'd rather pocket the full savings and mount/place slightly closer to the screen, but $100 isn't as painful as $1900.
post #94 of 95 Old 07-09-2014, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
A video processor might be handy but it's certainly not necessary, a computer with a decent GPU can adjust the output signal enough to get a good calibration result. The gamma options offered in windows 8 combined with the build in settings are already enough to calibrate the projector.
Catalyst control center that comes with AMD cards has also got all the options you need.
post #95 of 95 Old 08-15-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Smile Home Theater Projector 2000vx

Hello Guys:

Well known so much comments about home theater projector Cre x2000vx in this forum,along with other name brands projector.

I did compared some projector,such as Epson,Sony,Optoma Etc.These projectors all have a very good Brand influence ,and of course it have its outstanding & unique advantage。These Features Contain Brightness,Color convergence,black&white contrast,thus make this mentioned projector is well popular from the world.I also enjoy these items very much.

Meanwhile,I did try to exchange manufacturers located in China,Such as CRE.So much professionals in this forum questioned about Cre x2000vx projector.Surely,As a type of led projector,its disadvantage&Malpractice are very Obvious,Namely,brightness.Then,this limit would make the supplier lose most customers in the field of business&education easily.At the same time,just as some Knowledgeable people said in the forum,Color Calibration would not as well as other Japanese Brand.However,during our Dialogues,CRE never escape this point and only stress on its strength.We may also found some views in aliexpress,people liked and evaluated the cre x2000vx highly(you can say is CRE bought those good comments??).There is no doubt the only reason is that the projector can well meet the customers requirements in home theater,namely HDMI 1080p amazing picture.However,the other point is that I had suggested CRE to reduce some dollars to sell this projector or they would come into a Difficulties in exploring markets in the world.

Hope all you would get a good projector for you.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
1080p , led
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page