Cre x2000vx - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 95 Old 06-20-2014, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Cre x2000vx

This is a great price/quality full HD projector.

It uses a LED light of 3000lm with a display resolution (native) of 1920x1080p. It has media support trough usb and a lot of other connection methods.
The lens shift feature adjusts the image position without distortion.

I bought this projector 6 months ago from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...421870525.html
It is still working great with no deterioration anywhere.
The delivery went fast and without a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinand View Post
This is a great price/quality full HD projector.

It uses a LED light of 3000lm with a display resolution (native) of 1920x1080p. It has media support trough usb and a lot of other connection methods.
The lens shift feature adjusts the image position without distortion.

I bought this projector 6 months ago from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...421870525.html
It is still working great with no deterioration anywhere.
The delivery went fast and without a problem.
You really think we are that stupid?

First post, a bottom of the line piece of junk Chinese projector?

How about the follow up: Who do you call for service? If there is a problem, where do people look for assistance? Where are the reviews of this model? Are you crazy enough to buy a projector with zero reviews, zero website, zero support, and then think that posting a link to buying it HERE makes any sense? Speaking of the website... where is it?

You claim 3,000 lumen, just like the sales site does... how did you measure this?

The projector claims native resolution of 1920x1080 - Where is the documentation that supports this?

The advertising claims 100,000:1 contrast, where ANY support for anything close to this?

At the end of the day, what justifies the $1,300+ price tag on this projector which seems like it is outclassed by the LG PF85U which is a true 1080p, 1,000 lumen, LED driven projector?
Or the BenQ W1070?

This manufacturer has had a version of this model out for years, and there's a rather lengthy post about it already:
CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys?

I haven't read the whole thing, but it seems that one of the first people who was talking up the projector was a fairly new poster who was reiterating the same Chinglish that was used to describe the projector in the first place.

The final word is that this may deliver closer to 300 lumens instead of the claimed 3,000 and it has about a 25:1 contrast ratio instead of the claimed 100,000:1 (or even 4,000:1 that the manual claims).

Certainly worth looking at the manual. Find ANY contact information. Find a website. Find a point of contact. Find a US based service center. Find a review from a reputable website.

It does look like it is a 1080p chip set which is used, but just look at how terrible the colors are in this video of it...

Once again, no serious review, nobody who is experienced with projectors looking at it, and the only people talking it up are newbie posters without any previous projection experience.

Anyone want to send me one of these? I'll get a serious review out there on it, and any quality product should stand on its own.
kevinlg likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 95 Old 06-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Haw

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I think some of the remarks are really uncalled for. We need to come down from our high horses.

Making a projector isn't rocket science. What I see is really some help or advice for a proper calibration.
post #4 of 95 Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haw View Post
I think some of the remarks are really uncalled for. We need to come down from our high horses.

Making a projector isn't rocket science. What I see is really some help or advice for a proper calibration.
No, what is needed is some common sense and manufacturers not to spout out pure lies and unprofessional product BS in favor of delivering honesty within their products.

If a manufacturer believes in their product, and has a good product, they should have a solid website and should go out of their way to get reviews, and promote that product fairly and honestly to people who are making the purchase.

Since this isn't the case at all with this manufacturer, they have a burden to correct things which they have not done for several years as evidenced by the thread which I linked to.

It doesn't need calibration, it needs about 2,000 more lumens than advertised and a contrast ratio which at least is acceptable by sub-$500 projector standards.

You can polish a turd all you want, but frankly, I would rather spend my time recommending people not buy turds in the first place. If this company doesn't want me treating them that way, perhaps they should step up and become a professional company.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #5 of 95 Old 06-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Haw

I google and found this website: www.cre-projector.cn

There is a solid brick and mortar address and contacts with photos of real people on that website.

From the spec sheets of the CRE X2000VX, I read they use Epson LCD panels and lens from Japan with LED modules from Pathlight and Osram - none of these components are junk stuff to begin with.
IMO, what the factory needs is expertise to help fine tune and implement a good CMS system in the projector and they can really take off.

Btw, the color and tint of the youtube video you posted above is way out and you said "It doesn't need calibration"?

Last edited by Haw; 06-21-2014 at 10:54 PM.
post #6 of 95 Old 06-22-2014, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Most good vendors will let you return a projector with in 30 days for a full refund if you are not happy.
That makes purchasing a lot less risky.

If I could get the same deal on the CRE X2000VX I would give it a buy and a try no doubt.

Still waiting
post #7 of 95 Old 06-22-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It might not be a bad projector, but for about the same price you can get an LG PF80G...Less risky IMO.
post #8 of 95 Old 06-22-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Cre x2000vx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonZA View Post
It might not be a bad projector, but for about the same price you can get an LG PF80G...Less risky IMO.

Exactly: if smaller manufacturers want to be competitive, they have to actually be competitive! The LG is tried and tested, and it's supplied and supported by a major manufacturer. It's also been relatively well received as far as LED projectors go.

I'm a huge fan of a competitive marketplace (which will always benefit the consumer) - we wouldn't be seeing such well-priced Sony's if even cheaper BenQ's weren't nipping at their proverbial sales-heels (and offering such good image quality to boot).

But this particular unit's pricing is far too steep to justify the risk or the image quality.

Hopefully we see some movement in the LED projector segment that's more in-line with LG's current offerings (from large or small manufacturers) - just cheaper.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #9 of 95 Old 06-22-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I google and found this website: www.cre-projector.cn

There is a solid brick and mortar address and contacts with photos of real people on that website.
Yes, in China. Let me just give them a quick call on their 800 number... Or is that their 0086 (???) number.

Obviously they are a 'real' company. They are a real Chinese company with no base of operations in the USA with no USA tech support, with no USA suppliers, with no USA distributors, no USA reviews, etc. Your choice to defend them is ludicrous in the face of professional businesses which have spent money to operate and support their products within the USA.

Quote:
From the spec sheets of the CRE X2000VX, I read they use Epson LCD panels and lens from Japan with LED modules from Pathlight and Osram - none of these components are junk stuff to begin with.
But, the build quality, from the thread on these forums have stated that the rest of the build quality is terrible.

If I stick a Mercedes logo on a Yugo, it's still a Yugo. Heck, if I stick a cheap Honda engine into a Yugo, it's still a Yugo. A Yugo with a good engine, but a lousy transmission, a lousy build, a lousy everything else. A projector isn't the chip and the light source. It's the video processing, the lens assembly, the fan assemblies, the software, the service and support, the entire package.

PER REVIEWS OF OWNERS HERE: Actual light output is considered to be closer to 200-400 lumen. That's about 90% less than advertised. Contrast ratio numbers appear closer to 30:1, maybe less, which (once again) is far, far less than advertised.

Quote:
IMO, what the factory needs is expertise to help fine tune and implement a good CMS system in the projector and they can really take off.
IMO, what they need is to get their product properly reviewed so their 3,000 lumens and contrast ratios can be accurately measured by professionals.
If their product stands up on its own, then it will stand on its own.

Quote:
Btw, the color and tint of the youtube video you posted above is way out and you said "It doesn't need calibration"?
Why is any projector that far 'out' when it is first installed? I haven't seen that in years! Can it be calibrated to be closer to manufacturer specifications? (owners at AVS say 'NO') Can the color be corrected? Can the image uniformity be corrected? Can any of the failings of this projector be corrected?

If I had unlimited cash, I would buy one of these just to see how it stacks up next to the W1070 and the LG PF85U. In fact, that's exactly what someone with deep pockets should do.

But, under no circumstances should someone who actually cares about their money touch this projector at this time... perhaps ever.

Their website is a f'n joke. Seriously - a joke.

post #10 of 95 Old 06-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Haw

Well, if the Taiwanese and Korean can do it, I have no reasons to believe the Chinese can't. Let's hope the OP read all comments in this thread and relay them back to the factory.

My feeling is they may be a small setup now but with support from their own huge domestic consumer base will have resources to grow to be a major manufacturer one day.
post #11 of 95 Old 06-22-2014, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

I realize this is a sudden thread, since it is my first one and all.
I am a client of the projector and still in contact (after 6 months) with the seller of the projector.
The follow up is good, if not better then anything you would get in America or Europe.
The reason why I posted a link to a website from Alibaba is because they do all the returns and costumer service.
For those that haven't heard of Alibaba, it is the Amazon of Asia. It is a very reliable way to buy things from china and other countries.

The contrast is 4000:1, this is very good. The image color and luminance differences are better than a television I had laying around from a couple years ago. The lamp is 3000lm, I don't know how much actually reaches the screen but it is more then enough for me. The screen I use is a wall with an image of 133inch and it looks great, I will upload some images later.
post #12 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Note that these images are taken with a samsung galaxy s2, not the best way to take pictures. Moving images are the same quality.
post #13 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Haw

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Obviously they are a 'real' company. They are a real Chinese company with no base of operations in the USA with no USA tech support, with no USA suppliers, with no USA distributors, no USA reviews, etc. Your choice to defend them is ludicrous in the face of professional businesses which have spent money to operate and support their products within the USA.

The fact that CRE is using Phlatlight LEDs from Luminus Devices does show they are in support of US businesses. Aren't they? I believe we are living in an interdependent world; sort of "you scratch my back and I will scratch yours". But are we giving CRE any support to even set a foot in with all your destructive sarcasm and cynicism?

Quote:
PER REVIEWS OF OWNERS HERE: Actual light output is considered to be closer to 200-400 lumen. That's about 90% less than advertised. Contrast ratio numbers appear closer to 30:1, maybe less, which (once again) is far, far less than advertised.
According to Luminus Devices' specs, their Phlatlight Green LED has an output of between 3,500-5,400 lumens. To get 3,000 lumens light output from the projector is easily within that range. It depends on what is being measured - max or calibrated.
And if it is On-Off contrast being referred to, it is possible to measure a CR of 100,000:1 if all LEDs are dimmed off.

It is common knowledge that projector manufacturers tend to specify values higher in their marketing materials than what are actual after calibration to D65 and R709 standards. I am surprised you seem to be stirring up such a big storm in a tea cup.

Last edited by Haw; 06-23-2014 at 08:08 AM.
post #14 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

IMO, what they need is to get their product properly reviewed so their 3,000 lumens and contrast ratios can be accurately measured by professionals.
If their product stands up on its own, then it will stand on its own.
The supplier said that the ANSI lumens are 1000lm - 1500lm. The advertised lumens are according to another standard.
post #15 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

The advertised lumens aren't achievable with this projector.
The advertised contrast isn't achievable with this projector.

Not that this is different than other manufacturers, but it has been supported by forum owners, through the link I provided above, that this projector is WAY off the specification. Perhaps to the point of being negligible in their ratings.

The photos and videos provided within this thread itself are all terrible. Flat out horrendous looking images above, and a YouTube video that matches.

The aforementioned thread lists a sub 100:1 contrast ratio on screen and lumens which are well under 500 on screen.

It also discusses lens uniformity issues which go so far as to introduce color errors into the image due to very weak optics being used.

But, at the end of the day, it's the failure of this company to provide one reputable review by any online or print magazine which does it for me. They can send one to Projector Reviews, or to Projector Central. If they have no luck there, then they could send it to one of the other review sites. They could send it to a long list of forum members here who have a basis to provide a solid review. But, they didn't. That's marketing 101, and it's not something they are capable of. They could put together a website which is decent (marketing 101). They could establish a single US distributor for their product (marketing 101), etc.

People are free to buy what they want, but this is a suckers purchase. There is a long list of companies which have achieved all of the basic requirements for releasing products in the USA, and with the LG PF85U there is reviewed and tested product which achieves better... everything... compared to this model.

Last edited by AV_Integrated; 06-23-2014 at 08:42 AM.
post #16 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The fact that CRE is using Phlatlight LEDs from Luminus Devices does show they are in support of US businesses. Aren't they? I believe we are living in an interdependent world; sort of "you scratch my back and I will scratch yours". But are we giving CRE any support to even set a foot in with all your destructive sarcasm and cynicism?
Oh no, there is no sarcasm in what I'm saying. I think anyone who buys this is crazy (or wealthy). I'm dead serious. Almost all projector manufacturers are based overseas and having Chinese (and other) point of manufacture. I'm totally fine with that. It's the failure to support their business with USA based representation to support the end user, while trying to hock their wares through an importing site. This screams out as a horrendous decision for anyone considering the purchase.

Quote:
According to Luminus Devices' specs, their Phlatlight Green LED has an output of between 3,500-5,400 lumens. So isn't it not possible to measure a 3,000 lumens output from the projector. Doen't it not depend on what is being measured - max or calibrated.
Reviews from actual owners are calling light output at under 500 lumens - closer to 200-300 lumens. Don't take my word on this, read the reviews from owners. No sarcasm, but you better believe that when you are that far off of your claims, someone better call out that load of BS.

Quote:
And if it is On-Off contrast being referred to, it is possible to measure a CR of 100,000:1 if all LEDs are dimmed off.
It is common practice with projector manufacturers to specify values higher in their marketing materials than what are actual after calibration to D65 and R709 standards. I am surprised you seem to be stirring up such a big storm in a tea cup.
This is a POS product by the only reviews and videos available. Usable contrast is far less than any quality projector (by owner reviews here at AVS) has delivered in the last decade. So, if you want to read their advertising and ignore owner experience and your own eyes from the provided information, then by all means, do so. But, don't try to pass this junk off as something else and expect it not to be called out as such.

If this was a decent product, they must let it stand by itself. LG, Optoma, InFocus, BenQ, Sony, Panasonic, Epson, Viewsonic, Casio, Asus, NEC, Asus, Dell, AAXA, Elmo, Canon, Favi, JVC, and others all have their reviews out there by professional sites. But, why doesn't this company who claims to be such a huge provider of product have any reviews? So yeah, I'm gonna give them a hard time about it, and I'm going to be a doom and gloomer, and I'm going to be extremely pessimistic, because if anyone chooses to ignore these huge warning signs, and refused to read the reviews of that product from owners on this website who have the legitimate capability of making comparisons, then they are on their own. No, not one bit of sarcasm in my words on this. I strongly believe that this is a crap company.

I'm done discussing this company and providing them any free advertising. Anyone wondering should read through the other thread and see for themselves what this product is. If they get this far in their reading, hopefully they will have enough common sense to take a great deal of caution to any purchase they consider.

Last edited by AV_Integrated; 06-23-2014 at 08:44 AM.
post #17 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Haw

As a professional installer, you should have your own personal judgement.

Do you honestly believe a projector with 100:1 CR and 200-330 lumens could produce such a picture which acc to the OP is 133" on a wall?

Last edited by Haw; 06-23-2014 at 08:48 AM.
post #18 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
As a professional installer, you should have your own personal judgement.

Do you honestly believe a projector with 100:1 CR and 500 lumens could produce such a picture which acc to the OP is 133" on a wall?
The black levels are crushed, the colors don't look at all accurate, there is a marked difference between the 'black' areas and the wall itself.

Certainly, 500 lumens in a dark room is plenty to fill a large screen (CRT projectors used to be about 200 or less lumens), so yes, I believe that that photo is real, but a single photo isn't a review and should never be used as a basis for any judgement about a product. A qualified reviewer with the product in hand most certainly is the right person to make such statements.

I'm not sure how many projectors you've installed or seen, but I've seen hundreds, and have owned half a dozen different models. This projector needs a good review, because nothing else supports it being worth owning at this point.

How are skin tones? How is motion handling? How is image uniformity? How is actual measured contrast? How are colors? Out of the box? After calibration? How noisy is it? How does it handle different image formats? How is the internal scaling? Are there differences in image quality through the zoom range? What is measured full brightness? What is measured post-calibration brightness?

These are standard review questions that aren't answered in that photo, and that's a huge red light for me.

Shall we compare it to this image which shows a bit more shadow detail and has similar 'surreal' use of colors?

That's from the Panasonic PT-L300U. It's a 960x540 projector which was made in 2003. It has a rated (advertised, not real) lumen rating of 800 lumens, and a rated (not real) contrast of 800:1.
The review: http://www.projectorcentral.com/panasonic_pt_l300u.htm
Measured lumens in low power mode is under 400.
The photo above is taken on a lamp with over 1,000 hours on it, on a 106" diagonal screen, .8 gain grey material, with lights out.

That's an 11 year old projector with a photo that makes it look as good as a brand new 1080p projector. The point being that photos aren't how you review projectors.

Last edited by AV_Integrated; 06-23-2014 at 09:00 AM.
post #19 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Haw

Quote:
but a single photo isn't a review and should never be used as a basis for any judgement about a product.

Last edited by Haw; 06-23-2014 at 11:28 AM.
post #20 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

The image looks a lot better when you see it. It is certainly better then any projector i've seen at my university (they have a lot of different models).

My method of taking the pictures and following video isn't good. A samsung galaxy s2 doesn't do the images justice, the video even less. But if you want to see moving pictures, here you go:
https://vimeo.com/98906466

Note that vimeo also already down scaled the resolution to 720p and that the noise on the image is from the camera, not the projector.
post #21 of 95 Old 06-23-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Haw, stop.

There is a huge thread about these crap projectors filled with foreign noobs who have never even seen a legitimate example. Somebody who had actually seen a projector bought one and shipped it back the same day. It's an overpriced piece of junk.

Their stuff is crap.

Their specs are made up.

/thread

Good day
AV_Integrated likes this.
post #22 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post
There is a huge thread about these crap projectors filled with foreign noobs who have never even seen a legitimate example. Somebody who had actually seen a projector bought one and shipped it back the same day. It's an overpriced piece of junk.

Their stuff is crap.

Their specs are made up.
I do not agree in this case. This projector uses the Epson D7 panel which is responsible for the image (contrast, color, uniformaty, etc).
http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-form...-panel-c2-fine
Claiming that the image of this projector is bad would mean that the following projectors are bad to:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/j...sku=V11H336120
http://www.projectorcentral.com/news_story_1358.htm

Aside from the image chip only the lens and lamp can make a difference. The Lamp is a combination of a red, blue, green LED. With stepless adjustment of the brightness for each led so that you can achieve perfect white light.

There maybe a lot of scams from Chinese vendors but this isn't one, if you have never seen this projector in action you can't just write it of because a Chinese brand made it.

They used good parts from respected brands to put this projector together, if the parts are good shouldn't the projector get a little more consideration instead of being written of immediately?

Here's a good review of the little brother of the CRE x2000vx, this projector is a lot less powerful:
post #23 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Are any of you in contact with this manufacturer by chance? I would like to make an honest request for them to try their hands at a 2chip, single-light-path DLP..whether or not it is LED isn't the important thing, but it NEEDS to use a single light path going from one DLP chip then onto another.

There are a couple threads about this and it is already a tried and proven design, but it isn't widely used or offered at an affordable price right now. It CAN be made cheaply and it gives enormous contrast gains while losing less light than a tight iris.

It is a build that should be used, but is just being left in the corner because most companies are too slow moving and too tied down to prebuilt designs.

If a more flexible, smaller operation can get it started, others will have to follow and the whole consumer market can profit.
post #24 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
Are any of you in contact with this manufacturer by chance?
you can reach the seller at:
john@cre-projector.cn
post #25 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Haw

A user's opinion of CRE projector on Projector Central

www.projectorcentral.com/part_opinions_details.cfm?opinion_id=13662
post #26 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
A user's opinion of CRE projector on Projector Central

www.projectorcentral.com/part_opinions_details.cfm?opinion_id=13662
User opinions are sometimes valuable. Users learn about problems like premature lamp blowout that reviewers never get to see. Users can tell you about a company's warranty service -- how they respond to problems and take care of their customers. In aggregate, user reviews are very helpful for stuff like this.

But users (especially users like the "Ronald McDonald" you linked) also do not have the comparative experience that professional reviewers have. I've seen people say that their $400 SVGA projector "looks great" in their living room projecting onto a beige wall with direct sunlight on the viewing surface. I doubt anyone here would share that opinion.

Simply put, you cannot judge the quality of a product against its competitors unless you are familiar with other, similar products. You also can't judge a product from a Youtube video, still photographs, or even a trade show demo conducted under unknown conditions.

I would be quite willing to review the CRE X2000VX, provided we can get someone at CRE (or someone who owns the projector) to send a review unit. I'll publish the results either way, good or bad. I'd even be willing to post updates here as I go along, time permitting.
Haw and AV_Integrated like this.
post #27 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJC Bill View Post
User opinions are sometimes valuable. Users learn about problems like premature lamp blowout that reviewers never get to see. Users can tell you about a company's warranty service -- how they respond to problems and take care of their customers. In aggregate, user reviews are very helpful for stuff like this.

But users (especially users like the "Ronald McDonald" you linked) also do not have the comparative experience that professional reviewers have. I've seen people say that their $400 SVGA projector "looks great" in their living room projecting onto a beige wall with direct sunlight on the viewing surface. I doubt anyone here would share that opinion.

Simply put, you cannot judge the quality of a product against its competitors unless you are familiar with other, similar products. You also can't judge a product from a Youtube video, still photographs, or even a trade show demo conducted under unknown conditions.

I would be quite willing to review the CRE X2000VX, provided we can get someone at CRE (or someone who owns the projector) to send a review unit. I'll publish the results either way, good or bad. I'd even be willing to post updates here as I go along, time permitting.
I said I was done with this thread, but people should not that this is (I'm pretty sure) Bill Livolsi who writes a fair number of reviews over at Projector Central, one of the most respected online projector review websites out there, with a long history of quality reviews and analysis.

Any manufacturer who has a good product, or even a reasonable product, should be jumping on this opportunity. The value of a PC review is immeasurable, and major manufacturers constantly quote these reviews in advertising for their products online and in print, etc. So, if this projector is actually a quality product, then I expect that they will jump all over this opportunity.

Bill also has a very unique perspective on this as he is the one from PC who reviewed the LG PF85U and did the comparison between the 85U and the BenQ W1070. He has direct knowledge of how the two most unique (at their price points) projectors currently on the market stack up, and has the skill set and reputation to put forth an honest evaluation of this projector with direct feedback to consumers as to how it rates. He also has the willingness to step in here at AVS and offer an opportunity to this manufacturer directly.

Heck Bill, I would suggest (since I know you listen) that you may want to shoot them an email at the address given above, and let them know about this thread and about the opportunity you are giving them to step up.

My thoughts are out there... I've made my point already, but this is different. This is where a manufacturer can really help make their product. They can even discuss directly with Bill about how CRE can possibly find US based distributorship and expand their market considerably.

If I was a manufacturer, and believed in my product, I would jump all over this.

post #28 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Smile Lets make it real.

I've said it before and I will say it again.

Give me a 30 day money back guarantee if I am not happy and I will buy one!

How difficult is that?
post #29 of 95 Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
agree, The value of a PC review is immeasurable, and major manufacturers constantly quote these reviews in advertising for their products online and in print, etc. So, if this projector is actually a quality product, then I expect that they will jump all over this opportunity.thanks [IMG]http://*******/8e9eFH[/IMG]
post #30 of 95 Old 06-25-2014, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I said I was done with this thread, but people should not that this is (I'm pretty sure) Bill Livolsi who writes a fair number of reviews over at Projector Central, one of the most respected online projector review websites out there, with a long history of quality reviews and analysis.
You are correct. For the record:

My name is Bill Livolsi and I am the Associate Editor at Projector Central. I have been with PJC for almost ten years now; my first review was the Optoma H31 published in March of 2005. Since then I have reviewed hundreds of products and written hundreds of thousands of words on the subjects of projectors, accessories screens, 3D projection, and HD video. These days I write most of the home theater and home video projector reviews for PJC, the most recent one being my review of the Sony HW40ES.

Quote:
Heck Bill, I would suggest (since I know you listen) that you may want to shoot them an email at the address given above, and let them know about this thread and about the opportunity you are giving them to step up.
I think I'll do that.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
1080p , led
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page