Double Screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Post Double Screen?

I am making a screen for a tradeshow booth. Projector is behind the screen, will one of the black diamond or blackout screens work for me? Blackdiamonds are too expensive for this application but I do want the best screen I can afford. I don't know if this Sony will work for this application?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-VPS-80D...item20e712c398

Is there such a screen that on one side it shows one image in proper orientation and on the other it shows it reversed? Optimally I want my screen to be 88" diagonal 48"x72"

I am using this projector: http://www.optomausa.com/products/detail/TW695UT-3D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 686
I know it's not the answer, but a bedsheet will do that. so I'm sure there's got to me some material out there somewhat suitable for double sided viewing.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 99
A thin, fog-white showercurtain is a great double-sided screen for that size. Build or buy a nice frame to stretch it around..you can afford to since a thinner curtain works better and the thinner ones run around $2. The secret is to not mention it was $2, then people will say it looks amazing.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-06-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 283
The projector should be plenty bright enough for that size. Understand that on one side of the screen everything is reversed from the other side of the screen. So, text will only be readable from one side. I hope you understand the physics of why that is the only way things work with a single projection setup.

You can always contact Draper or Dalite and discuss with them materials which are available for DiY applications that support ultra short throw projectors. I big issue is that you need extremely high dispersion when using a ultra short throw projector, and you must put the material on a frame so that it faces the projector side. Anything hanging more than the tiniest bit over the screen will cast a shadow.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page