Signal Loss on Video Startup - HD25e - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Signal Loss on Video Startup - HD25e

Hello, I have a strange issue I am looking for help with. Just purchased an HD25e and I am having an issue with signal loss when videos are started up.

When I start MPC or use Plex everything works great. As soon as I load a video and it is in either full screen or windowed the projector losses signal for about 5 seconds. I have some videos this does not happen in but the resolution on the ones that cause this and done cause this are the same. I have a Pioneer receiver as well but I bypassed it and the issue persisted so I don't believe it is contributing.

Does anyone have any input or suggestions, really nice projector and although the issue is small it is pretty annoying.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
The resolution of the videos may be the same, but I bet their frame-rates aren't the same as your desktop (videos are generally 24hz; I'm sure your desktop is running at 60hz).

The video player then sounds like it's adjusting the refresh rate of the projector to match the video; causing the projector's color wheel to need to re-sync.

Try either disabling this function in the player (PHT and XBMC have it in their settings). Alternatively, you could try dropping your Windows refresh rate to 24hz which would match most of your videos.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
The resolution of the videos may be the same, but I bet their frame-rates aren't the same as your desktop (videos are generally 24hz; I'm sure your desktop is running at 60hz).

The video player then sounds like it's adjusting the refresh rate of the projector to match the video; causing the projector's color wheel to need to re-sync.

Try either disabling this function in the player (PHT and XBMC have it in their settings). Alternatively, you could try dropping your Windows refresh rate to 24hz which would match most of your videos.
Thanks for your reply, I will give this a try when I get home from work today. You are quite right, I believe a show I was watching had a frame rate of 23.96 or something (meaning 50hz?). I am curious with my old projector (HD66) I never experienced this issue, I always had my desktop resolution at 720 60Hz.

Sean
post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Yup, that'll explain it. Your show's 23.96 framerate is the equivalent of 24hz; so dropping your desktop to that refresh rate should alleviate the issue.
Of course you should be able to just disable the refresh-rate-adjustment within the video player as well.

Any changes to refresh rate on a single-chip DLP projector will require a re-sync of the color wheel: your older projector would've also blanked for a little bit; but if it had a slower color wheel (which was probably the case), it might've been able to sync faster.

But as for the 5 seconds or so it's taking you when display refresh rate changes: with a recent DLP, that's normal. I have roughly the same delay with my W1070.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page