Quiet secondary projector for gaming and casual TV viewing
I am looking for secondary projector suggestions (price ~$1200 or less new or used) to complement my JVC RS4910 for the primary purpose of gaming and secondary purpose for casual TV viewing particularly for my wife/kids who would be free to burn hours on the cheaper projector.
The selection criteria:
- virtually silent operation, similar to my RS4910 in low lamp -- a hush box is not an option
- low input lag, no more than about 40 ms -- the JVC is 120+ ms
- minimum throw ratio between ~1.3 to ~1.65
- nice to have: light frame interpolation for the casual TV viewing
- nice to have: 70%+ vertical lens shift (20% of image height)
I had checked out the Benq W1070, and while the input lag is great, it is waaay too loud even in economic mode (to me) particularly for the casual TV viewing scenario. I understand the Optoma HD131Xe/25e is somewhat quieter but I expect it is still too loud. The Sony HW40ES is out of the price range at $2k. The only other option I've considered is maybe a used Panasonic AE8000/AE7000?
Any other suggestions?
WTB: PSA XS15 or XS15se, PM me.
Small HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW, Falcon 2.35:1 100-wide, Marantz SR7008, Triad Gold Omni SE & Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Oppo 103D, Tivo Mini, HTPC