AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern, VA - Washington, DC
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Please answer the following questions:
1. What is the size of your room - L/W/H?
2. What are the wall colors?
3. What is the ceiling color?
4. What is the floor surface and color?
5. Is this a dedicated theater space, or part of a 'rec room'?
6. Basement? First floor? Other?
7. What is your ability to control lights in the room (dimming)?
8. What is your ability to truly control outside ambient lighting coming into the room?
9. Do you have an existing surround sound system?
10. If no sound system, is there a separate budget for that, or is that included in your 'price'?
11. Do you plan to install it all yourself?
12. Is your budget specifically for the projector, or is it for every single thing you need, plus installation?
13. What is your viewing distance (eyes to screen)?
14. Do you have cabling run for the projector and power already?
15. What distance can the projector be mounted from the screen (any distance, 10', 25', etc.)?
16. Do you have a mounting preference or demand? Ceiling mounted? Rear shelf mounted? Anywhere anyhow mounting?
17. Do you already have this 120" screen?
18. How did you determine that 120" diagonal was the right size for your viewing distance and room?
19. How much do you plan to use the projector?
20. How much gaming/movies/sports viewing do you intend to do as a percentage?
There may be more questions, and there are some nice projectors under $3,000 that will work well at that screen size, but you should really answer the questions first so that a proper recommendation can be made.
AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.