Want to buy a Projector for home! Please Help!!
I have a 12 feet by 12 feet room with the projector to screen distance of about 9 to 10 feet. The walls are white and the screen size is about 100" (7feet wide and 5 feet height)
I have to place the projector to the side of the screen and not exactly center of the screen.
The room has one big window but can be made darker by having the curtains closed.
The room is pretty dark with no much lights except that one window.
I am confused weather to go for an EPSON 6100 or EPSON 5200 for my type of room.
The major difference i found was EPSON 5200 has 10000:1 contrast ratio where else EPSON 6100 has 40000:1 contrast ratio. Which one do i choose?
Please do advice me if any other projestors than these two?
1. What is the size of your room - L/W/H? 12'x12'x9,
2. What are the wall colors? WHITE
3. What is the ceiling color? WHITE
4. What is the floor surface and color?CREAM
5. Is this a dedicated theater space, or part of a 'rec room'? ITS A BEDROOM WITH A BED AS A SITTING AREA.
6. Basement? First floor? Other? 4TH FLOOR APARTMENT
7. What is your ability to control lights in the room (dimming)? SWITCH ON SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS
8. What is your ability to truly control outside ambient lighting coming into the room? CURTAINS
9. Do you have an existing surround sound system? BOSE LIFESTYLE 520
10. If no sound system, is there a separate budget for that, or is that included in your 'price'?
11. Do you plan to install it all yourself? NO A PROFESSIONAL PERSON TO INSTALL
12. Is your budget specifically for the projector, or is it for every single thing you need, plus installation?
13. What is your viewing distance (eyes to screen)? 9 FEET
14. Do you have cabling run for the projector and power already? YES
15. What distance can the projector be mounted from the screen (any distance, 10', 25', etc.)? 10'
16. Do you have a mounting preference or demand? Ceiling mounted? Rear shelf mounted? Anywhere anyhow mounting? CEILING MOUNTED. THERE IS A CUPBOARD BEHIND THE SCREEN.
17. Do you already have this 100" screen? NO
18. How did you determine that 100" diagonal was the right size for your viewing distance and room? YET TO DECIDE
19. How much do you plan to use the projector? TO WATCH TELEVISION MOVIES ETC. AROUND 3 HOURS PER DAY
20. How much gaming/movies/sports viewing do you intend to do as a percentage? 40%
Last edited by Nikhil Kandoi; 07-25-2014 at 09:40 PM.