Benq W1070 upside-down on a shelf - Best way to adjust? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-02-2014, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Benq W1070 upside-down on a shelf - Best way to adjust?

So, I have a Benq W1070 laying upside down on a shelf.. I wont mount the projector on the wall, or under the shelf so you can skip those ideas..

I want tips on how to adjust my projector to my screen since its not flat on the top.. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuum View Post
So, I have a Benq W1070 laying upside down on a shelf.. I wont mount the projector on the wall, or under the shelf so you can skip those ideas..

I want tips on how to adjust my projector to my screen since its not flat on the top.. Any ideas?
This is a case of a situation that would be almost impossible to give advise for without seeing exactly what you're talking about. Can you post a picture or two? It would make a world of difference.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-02-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 186
If you've ever seen one of those dashboard beanbags that you can use for a GPS or cellphone..I think they're silly in general, but this might actually be a justifiable use situation. You can usually find them at radioshacks or department-store car or electronics sections..I want to say around $15-35. Stable, malleable, and heat resistant!

You might have to stuff something like a small doorjam or shim underneath the front or back to get your vertical keystone just right.

If projectors didn't get so hot I'd suggest trying to use the packing material it came with that held it still inside the box, but I'm afraid for what it might do to the styrofoam.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Easy $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.

Last edited by Ftoast; 08-02-2014 at 09:31 AM.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-04-2014, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would suggest using some Sugru to mold some feet on the top (bottom for you) of the projector. This will allow you to have a stable surface.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread - w1070 by PriceGrabber.com