Optama HD141X - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #61 of 156 Old 10-31-2014, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just received my HD141x today and I am really happy with it.
I was searching for a really good cheap 3d Projector and after searching for "Best 3d projector" on google, I cam across a list of 3d projeteur, and this was the cheapest.
After watching a lot of reviews, the only cons was:
-Light through fan
-DLP so rainbow for some (i think the color wheel is only 2x)
-only 2 HDMI port.

That was all OK for me.
Now that I m testing it, I turned on my PS3 and started a 3D movie I downloaded SBS. When I turn on the 3D mode on the projector, the images stays side by side... they are supose to switch on the same image like my samsung TV do ..

Is there anything I missed ?

Thank you,
Martin L.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 156 Old 10-31-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genius312 View Post
I just received my HD141x today and I am really happy with it.
I was searching for a really good cheap 3d Projector and after searching for "Best 3d projector" on google, I cam across a list of 3d projeteur, and this was the cheapest.
After watching a lot of reviews, the only cons was:
-Light through fan
-DLP so rainbow for some (i think the color wheel is only 2x)
-only 2 HDMI port.

That was all OK for me.
Now that I m testing it, I turned on my PS3 and started a 3D movie I downloaded SBS. When I turn on the 3D mode on the projector, the images stays side by side... they are supose to switch on the same image like my samsung TV do ..

Is there anything I missed ?

Thank you,
Martin L.

Nevermind, I found the setting in the menu
post #63 of 156 Old 11-01-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Vertical image Shift

I see in the manual that under the "Display" menu there is an "Image Shift" both Horizontal and Vertical with values from -100 to +100.

Can the Vertical shift move the image up on screen far enough to put a scope 2.35 or 2.40 movie at the top of a 16:9 screen ?

It isn't clear if the "100" value swings are pixels, percentage, or something else. If this can move the image up 135 pixels, then a scope film could be shifted to the top of the screen, with a single black bar across the bottom instead of bars top and bottom.
wizzack and wanab like this.

Kirk Ellis
BenQ W1070 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub

Last edited by dreamer; 11-01-2014 at 04:50 PM.

post #64 of 156 Old 11-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Liked: 12
Performance in Daylight

For those who have this projector, can you comment on how it handles daylight? I have poor ability to do light control and at 3000 (claimed) lumens I'm wondering if the HD141X might work. Obv contrast, black level, and screen are going to play into this too-- just looking for some general feedback. Thanks!
post #65 of 156 Old 11-13-2014, 12:59 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgoff View Post
For those who have this projector, can you comment on how it handles daylight? I have poor ability to do light control and at 3000 (claimed) lumens I'm wondering if the HD141X might work. Obv contrast, black level, and screen are going to play into this too-- just looking for some general feedback. Thanks!
Pulled the trigger and got it today. I'm still waiting on my ceiling mount and screen. To my original question: brightness/clarity look pretty dang good on my tan wall with zero shades pulled-- completely viewable indefinitely. I think that once I have a good screen it's going to do just fine, and by adding what light control I can (or at night) it's going to be very good.

Other than that, first impressions are nearly all positive. This is my first home projector and the first of anyone I know, so it's a whole new world for me. Observations:

• Compared to the old office presentation projectors I've used, fan noise was very quiet, but you're still going to hear it if you listen for it.
  • Heat/wind from the fans is very noticable within a foot or two of the side which should be a non-issue for ceiling mounting.
  • Time from power on to picture displayed is about 20 seconds.
  • It does seem like it "leaks" a fair amount of light from the lens that's not directed to to the screen. I have it on a white surface now and there's an arc of light which starts about 1/2" in front of the lens and sweeps up 3-4" out. Not a big deal, but in a dark room it will contribute to ambient light.
  • The integrated speaker is WAY too loud, even at the lowest setting. I had a kid taking a nap when I tried it out and had to scramble to pause. I wasn't really planning to use it much anyway, but I don't think I'll use it at all now....

I'll post a more complete review after it's mounted and the screen is up.

Matt
Gvilleguy and USmetallist like this.
post #66 of 156 Old 11-15-2014, 03:42 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Just bought this projector from Amazon.

I just bought this projector yesterday and will be only waiting for my A/V installer to come and install it. It is going to be in a fairly bright room as you can see by the picture. This will be a good test as to how this projector performs in daylight viewing. It is going to be projected on to a 94 inch screen hanging from the ceiling. This is my first projector
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New 50 inch Sammy.jpg
Views:	1123
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	367730  

Last edited by david0406; 12-12-2014 at 04:16 AM.
post #67 of 156 Old 11-15-2014, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I got this projector 2 days ago and have 15 hrs on it. This unit is replacing a HD20. The 141x is brighter, has deeper blacks and better contrast. Oh, it's also cheaper to boot! I'm a happy camper. I have yet to see a high end projector in a proper room for viewing so I guess ignorance is bliss. My room is far from an ideal, so there's no way I can justify a better projector when the black levels are going to be compromised anyways.
roberto30 likes this.
post #68 of 156 Old 11-16-2014, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
A few questions to those who own one, If I may...
  • One of the things putting me off the 141X is the side positioning of the connectors. Has anyone found this a problem?
  • Does the supplied power lead have a straight or right-angle end?
  • Has anyone coming from a HD65 (700X) or similar found the mounting points to be of similar dimensions. I've checked the manual, but am struggling to see if my current mount will fit.

Thanks
post #69 of 156 Old 11-17-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by page3 View Post
A few questions to those who own one, If I may...
  • One of the things putting me off the 141X is the side positioning of the connectors. Has anyone found this a problem?
No, I used port savers for the HDMI cords to relieve the strain and make a cleaner install. They're cheap!
  • Does the supplied power lead have a straight or right-angle end?
Straight, but you can get 90 degree adapters for the power cord if it bothers you that much.

Thanks
Good luck!
post #70 of 156 Old 11-17-2014, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Has anyone seen this up to the Optoma HD25-LV and how do you think it compares?

What do you guys think; is the HD25-LV worth the extra money. From what I can see I would say yes but a second opinion would be great.
post #71 of 156 Old 11-17-2014, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Oh, I almost forgot I purchased the HD25-LV from Projector Supercenter for $799.99; I am going to test it out as I have seen the HD141 in action and am curios to see how this one compares. You can check it out here.

http://www.projectorsupercenter.com/optoma-hd25-lv.html
post #72 of 156 Old 11-20-2014, 11:19 AM

2 things I can't find on the net:
- is it normal that the fan is always spinning ? I turned off the hd141x yesterday and the fan is still spinning this afternoon! !

- I can't find a place for replacement bulb. .. can we buy them and replace or after 6500 hours, we need to buy a new projector?

Thank you

Martin L.
post #73 of 156 Old 11-21-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genius312 View Post
2 things I can't find on the net:
- is it normal that the fan is always spinning ? I turned off the hd141x yesterday and the fan is still spinning this afternoon! !

- I can't find a place for replacement bulb. .. can we buy them and replace or after 6500 hours, we need to buy a new projector?

Thank you

Martin L.
That's not normal. Mine stops spinning about 10 seconds after it's shut down.

Replacement bubs are available. They're about $150 from Amazon. http://www.optomausa.com/products/detail/SP8VH01GC01
post #74 of 156 Old 11-22-2014, 07:45 PM

Settings?

Anyone willing to post their settings for this model projector?
post #75 of 156 Old 11-23-2014, 02:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I have a quick question about this projector.

I am replacing my Epson 730HD with this Optoma model. I'm looking to get rid of the screen door effect and I want better black levels.

I am new to projectors but according to my research it looks like that a DLP model would provide me with better black levels? Dark scenes look like a faded gray even in a complete dark room.

I noticed the contrast ratio on the Optoma is 20,000:1 as opposed to 12,000:1 on the Epson.

Am I right by assuming I'll be getting black levels with the Optoma?

I currently own a Mitsubitshi DLP TV (1 chip) made in 2009 and it appears that I'm not susceptible to the rainbow effect. Is it also safe to assume I won't be seeing the rainbow effect on this projector?
post #76 of 156 Old 11-23-2014, 02:17 AM

Sorry meant to say "Am I right by assuming I'll be getting better black levels with the Optoma?
post #77 of 156 Old 11-23-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Huh ? The HD141x is listed as 1080P/60 and "Full HD 3D" so what is your comment related to ? The lack of older non-1080P inputs ?
(sorry for the belated response)

Two things...

1. I am referring to the few 720p/1280x800 models which are on the market for $500 or so which people look at. They shouldn't be looking at $500 720p (or business) projectors when there is the very nice entry level 1080p model they can have for almost nothing more. It doesn't make sense to me why anyone would consider less than 1080p when there is 1080p, right there, for such a great price.

2. 1080p is not really input related. VGA and component video both are capable of carrying 1080p even though most sources don't deliver 1080p over those cabling types. But, I'm totally fine with a lesser expensive projector dropping analog connections. It is just very important that anyone who buys this is aware of this. For the vast majority who are using HDMI A/V receivers, with cable boxes, BD players, and game consoles, the lack of analog connections doesn't impact them in the least. Heck, I use a component video distribution system in my home, and I would just run things through an upconverter of some sort if I had to. No, the lack of analog inputs on a projector doesn't bother me in the least either.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #78 of 156 Old 11-23-2014, 04:53 PM

My settings.

Update. 12/11/2014. New Settings. Reference (display mode) seemed to be giving me headaches.

Continuing to tweak. I think I got this thing looking pretty good now. At least by my eye.
Since I can't seem to find any calibrated settings anywhere for this projector here are my NOT calibrated settings on a 94" screen. The attached thumbnail is the screen. The picture really does not do it justice and these are only settings by my eye that look fairly good. These are in a dark living room. Hopefully someone will post calibrated settings soon.

Display Mode- Cinema
Brightness - (-7)
Contrast - (2)
Sharpness - 4
Color - 7
Tint - (-5)

(Advanced)
Gamma - Video
Brilliant Color - 4
Dynamic Black - Off
Color Temp - Standard

(Color Settings)
Red (-3), (-2), (-20)
Green (20), (0) (0)
Blue 0, 0, 12
Cyan (10), 4, 1
Magenta 21, 7, 6
Yellow (-6), (-25), (-11)
White (-8), 8, (11)

Lamp Mode - Eco

If someone could post actual calibrated settings for the ( Color Settings) it might make those something a little closer to what they should actually be. Mine are just guesses or default settings.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20141123_191711743.jpg
Views:	979
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	381834  
USmetallist likes this.

Last edited by david0406; 12-12-2014 at 03:07 AM.
post #79 of 156 Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM

Now down to £450 on-line which is hugely tempting. It will be quite an upgrade from my Optima HD700X!

Trying to resist and hold off to see if any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals...
post #80 of 156 Old 11-26-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by page3 View Post
Now down to £450 on-line which is hugely tempting. It will be quite an upgrade from my Optima HD700X!

Trying to resist and hold off to see if any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals...
To answer my own post - it was just in the Amazon lightening sale and sold out within 10 seconds. Not before I got one though
post #81 of 156 Old 11-26-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2245 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldx View Post
I have a quick question about this projector.

I am replacing my Epson 730HD with this Optoma model. I'm looking to get rid of the screen door effect and I want better black levels.

I am new to projectors but according to my research it looks like that a DLP model would provide me with better black levels? Dark scenes look like a faded gray even in a complete dark room.

I noticed the contrast ratio on the Optoma is 20,000:1 as opposed to 12,000:1 on the Epson.

Am I right by assuming I'll be getting black levels with the Optoma?

I currently own a Mitsubitshi DLP TV (1 chip) made in 2009 and it appears that I'm not susceptible to the rainbow effect. Is it also safe to assume I won't be seeing the rainbow effect on this projector?
If you need to fit a certain screen-size (if you already own a screen) and will need to do it from a certain mount/place, make sure you take that into consideration during your projector shopping. http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm is a good resource if you need to fit an existing setup. IF you are fine moving a mount or changing the screen..you should be fine.

Basically any DLP (including this 141) will give much darker blacks and less visible screendoor than your current projector, so that's easy. With this particular projector (the 141) you'll be losing some color accuracy, color-brightness, and the old/non-HDMI inputs. If that's an okay trade, you're in good shape.
If not, the w1070 will offer all the same benefits of improved blacks and no screendoor along with bright and accurate colors and all the classic inputs as well as HDMI..but it costs around $700 and will often need to be mounted slightly closer to the screen than this 141.
If color accuracy and brightness isn't a big deal, BUT you'd like to keep the older inputs..the Optoma hd131xe or hd25e will give you what you need for a similarly low price.

It does sound safe to assume you'll be alright with the 2x colorwheel of the Optoma.
If not, the w1070 is a faster colorwheel option as is the more expensive Optoma 151/hd36 and 161/hd50.
If you'd rather try to get better blacks via LCD, the Epson 8345 or (if you are shelf-mounting)the epson 3000, will give a solid contrast improvement that isn't terribly far behind the DLPs and may give a slight improvement to your screendoor situation..though not nearly as much improvement as the DLP would. They'll be more expensive as well however.

In short.
-Do you need VGA(older computer monitor) or RCA/composite (3 or 5color cords like your old VCR used)..or is just HDMI alright?

-What size screen/wall are you looking to fill and where do you want/need the projector mounted?

-Would it be alright if your new projector was a bit dimmer than your current one? Blacks would be MUCH darker but bright stuff could also be a little dimmer in certain settings.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, just so you know, those contrast specs listed by the manufacturer are very far from the truth. Contrast numbers (and to a smaller extent, brightness numbers) are not policed at all so manufacturers are perfectly allowed and willing to make up outrageous specs that are nearly meaningless.
Real-world measurements show the 730HD to have contrast in the 400:1 ballpark and the hd141 should fall in the 700:1-2100:1 range depending on which settings you prefer.

For reference; a professional cinema will have about 2000:1 Contrast or less, a cheap computer monitor can be as low as 500:1 or lower while a good LCD flatscreen TV will measure up in the 1500:1-2500:1 range. A decent plasma TV should hit 5000:1 while a fancy one will get 10,000:1 or more.
Basically you won't find a non-plasma/non-OLED TV that beats 3000:1
you won't find a non-JVC projector that beats 6000:1-7000:1
you won't find a projector under $2000 that beats 2000:1 (except a few deals on the AE8000).

That's how far off manufacturer contrast specs are.
1million:1 contrast?! nope..more like 2000:1
michaeldx and USmetallist like this.

Easy $25 DIY black (or any color) ALR paint +$40-$50sprayer screen mix smooth/clean and very easy to learn spraying with little/no mess.
Simple $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Quick <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room "A store that sells blinds can help your picture more than a store that sells projectors many times." -bud16415

Last edited by Ftoast; 11-26-2014 at 01:47 PM.
post #82 of 156 Old 11-26-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
If you need to fit a certain screen-size (if you already own a screen) and will need to do it from a certain mount/place, make sure you take that into consideration during your projector shopping. http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm is a good resource if you need to fit an existing setup. IF you are fine moving a mount or changing the screen..you should be fine.

Basically any DLP (including this 141) will give much darker blacks and less visible screendoor than your current projector, so that's easy. With this particular projector (the 141) you'll be losing some color accuracy, color-brightness, and the old/non-HDMI inputs. If that's an okay trade, you're in good shape.
If not, the w1070 will offer all the same benefits of improved blacks and no screendoor along with bright and accurate colors and all the classic inputs as well as HDMI..but it costs around $700 and will often need to be mounted slightly closer to the screen than this 141.
If color accuracy and brightness isn't a big deal, BUT you'd like to keep the older inputs..the Optoma hd131xe or hd25e will give you what you need for a similarly low price.

It does sound safe to assume you'll be alright with the 2x colorwheel of the Optoma.
If not, the w1070 is a faster colorwheel option as is the more expensive Optoma 151/hd36 and 161/hd50.
If you'd rather try to get better blacks via LCD, the Epson 8345 or (if you are shelf-mounting)the epson 3000, will give a solid contrast improvement that isn't terribly far behind the DLPs and may give a slight improvement to your screendoor situation..though not nearly as much improvement as the DLP would. They'll be more expensive as well however.

In short.
-Do you need VGA(older computer monitor) or RCA/composite (3 or 5color cords like your old VCR used)..or is just HDMI alright?

-What size screen/wall are you looking to fill and where do you want/need the projector mounted?

-Would it be alright if your new projector was a bit dimmer than your current one? Blacks would be MUCH darker but bright stuff could also be a little dimmer in certain settings.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, just so you know, those contrast specs listed by the manufacturer are very far from the truth. Contrast numbers (and to a smaller extent, brightness numbers) are not policed at all so manufacturers are perfectly allowed and willing to make up outrageous specs that are nearly meaningless.
Real-world measurements show the 730HD to have contrast in the 400:1 ballpark and the hd141 should fall in the 700:1-2100:1 range depending on which settings you prefer.

For reference; a professional cinema will have about 2000:1 Contrast or less, a cheap computer monitor can be as low as 500:1 or lower while a good LCD flatscreen TV will measure up in the 1500:1-2500:1 range. A decent plasma TV should hit 5000:1 while a fancy one will get 10,000:1 or more.
Basically you won't find a non-plasma/non-OLED TV that beats 3000:1
you won't find a non-JVC projector that beats 6000:1-7000:1
you won't find a projector under $2000 that beats 2000:1 (except a few deals on the AE8000).

That's how far off manufacturer contrast specs are.
1million:1 contrast?! nope..more like 2000:1
Thank you very much for your informative reply.

I received the Optoma HD141X yesterday and tested it. I am impressed at the black levels and the depth it offers compared to the Epson.

Screen size is smaller however, at the same distance, 15ft. It's giving me about 105" of screen, maybe a bit more. The Epson was projecting a 120" image at the same distance. Not a big deal, and I will be mounting this one on the ceiling.

No rainbow effect, which is good.

I have nothing to complain about the colors either, but others might.

One thing that really concerned me was that initially it showed strange red and green dots and lines, moving like an electrical charge, across the screen on a black background but not on other colors. This happened only for a few seconds while my PC (connected to the projector) was booting and initially I blamed the graphics card on the PC and the automatic pixel and frequency adjustemtn on the projector.

But why only on black backgrounds? The windows logo was perfectly fine... and so was the desktop tool bar at the bottom of the image.

I proceeded to change to a different HDMI port, so I tested HDMI2. It did not do the same. It worked fine.
I then figured I'd check the HDMI cable also, so I replaced it and the effect didn't show on the HDM1 nor the HDM2 ports.

So, effect showed up only on HDM 1 port and only when using 35ft HDMI cable. When using a 25 ft cable it worked properly. I can not pinpoint the culprit. If any of you guys can help me I'd appreciate it, in case it's some sort of defect on the projector.

The dots move across the screen as if they were carrying an electrical charge. They quickly dissipate as the projector seems to adjust to the signal. When I use my graphics card settings and modify the frequency, just to test, it does the same thing. Again, only with that one cable and only on that one port. The other port is fine with that same cable.

Another issue I see is like a grey area instead of black, kind of as if the light was lighter on the left bottom of the image, not on the right. The right side is completely black, but not the left bottom side. It's very similar to my DLP TV, so I wonder if that comes associated with the DLP? Could it be the long lens casing in front of the lens reflecting light? The Espon's lens is placed right there without a plastic around it, no cone nor tunnel-like plastic.

Additionally, there is some horizontal purple line like about 3 feet under the main image, as if it was light coming out of the fan projecting onto the wall too. I don't understand that, is it normal as well?

I attach some pictures of the strange HDMI problem here so that you can take a look:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20141126_035117.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	387825   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141126_034923.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	387833   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141126_034850.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	387841  

Last edited by michaeldx; 11-28-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: adding new information
post #83 of 156 Old 11-29-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, mine died in less than 30 days. When powering on the blue power light blinks for a bit, fan clicks on, then it shuts down, and seems to try two more time. Finally, the blue light goes red. And the lamp light blinks red. I checked the lamp it seems okay. The online manual from Optoma is useless, I don't think it's even the correct manual as the lights are the wrong color. It also talks about a filter which I can not find (or see). I checked the lamp and it SEEMS to okay.

Anyone else?

-d

P.S. I'm not the only one, found another (I also bought from Amazon):
Also Dead less than 30 days

P.P.S Does anyone KNOW how to remove the filter? Is there one?

P.P.P.S ARGGGG!!!

Last edited by dlong; 11-29-2014 at 08:11 PM.
post #84 of 156 Old 11-29-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Well, mine died in less than 30 days. When powering on the blue power light blinks for a bit, fan clicks on, then it shuts down, and seems to try two more time. Finally, the blue light goes red. And the lamp light blinks red. I checked the lamp it seems okay. The online manual from Optoma is useless, I don't think it's even the correct manual as the lights are the wrong color. It also talks about a filter which I can not find (or see). I checked the lamp and it SEEMS to okay.

Anyone else?

-d

P.P.P.S ARGGGG!!!
This might not help one bit but when gadgets start doing strange things I like to try unplugging and plugging back in.
post #85 of 156 Old 11-29-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0406 View Post
This might not help one bit but when gadgets start doing strange things I like to try unplugging and plugging back in.
Actually, I did do that twice (in an attempt to locate and remove the filter). No change in status.

-d
post #86 of 156 Old 11-30-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Actually, I did do that twice (in an attempt to locate and remove the filter). No change in status.

-d
Sorry that was of no help. . Don't hesitate to get on the phone with Amazon before 30 days is up. They might help you out.
post #87 of 156 Old 11-30-2014, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Anyone else?

-d

P.P.P.S ARGGGG!!!
If it died in less than 30 days you should be able to return it to the place you bought it from rather than having to go through a warranty replacement from the manufacturer. In fact they should even be able to send you out a replacement unit since they're just going to RTV (return to vendor) the one you send back. If I were you I'd do that right away rather than trying to troubleshoot a problematic unit.
david0406 likes this.
post #88 of 156 Old 11-30-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleonard711 View Post
If it died in less than 30 days you should be able to return it to the place you bought it from rather than having to go through a warranty replacement from the manufacturer. In fact they should even be able to send you out a replacement unit since they're just going to RTV (return to vendor) the one you send back. If I were you I'd do that right away rather than trying to troubleshoot a problematic unit.
Did that last night (before I even posted here. I was just wondering if anyone else have had the same issue (and if anyone found the filter). Don't know the actual number of people that this has happened to but so far I've only found 1 (the Amazon review) and myself. Just hoping it's not a trend with this unit.

Also wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I use Eco mode instead of 'standard' for the fan? Where the fan runs all the time vs shutting down shortly after it goes into standby mode.

-d
post #89 of 156 Old 11-30-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Did that last night (before I even posted here. I was just wondering if anyone else have had the same issue (and if anyone found the filter). Don't know the actual number of people that this has happened to but so far I've only found 1 (the Amazon review) and myself. Just hoping it's not a trend with this unit.

Also wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I use Eco mode instead of 'standard' for the fan? Where the fan runs all the time vs shutting down shortly after it goes into standby mode.

-d
http://www.optomausa.com/webresource..._GT1080_UM.pdf

If you read on page 61 this is in the upper left of the page:

 Dust filters are
only required/supplied
in selected
regions with
excessive dust

I was looking and could not find any dust filter until I read it a little closer.

As for your issue I think you might have just got a bad unit. Good thing Amazon is taking care of you.
post #90 of 156 Old 11-30-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
On Projector Central web page for ceiling mount it is -8" towards top of screen..Does this mean the lens is to be lower by 8" from the top of the screen? I hope it is because I cannot mount projector 8" higher than top of screen...

Dickie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page