Benq w1080st help please - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Benq w1080st help please

I got my projector and elite screen up. When I watch regular TV and movies, the thing is awsome. The problem is when I watch football (which is one of the main things I will use this for). When the shot is close up the picture is pefect. When they zoom out to show the entire play, the shot is very blurred. Anyone have any idea what may help? Im using standard 1 as a set up. I tried some of the recomended setting here but my picture just looks better at standard 1. I have no idea how a picture can look so good and as soon as they zoom out its junk. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-07-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Try watching part of the game on your regular TV while sitting only 3ft away from it and see if it's a crappy signal (if you haven't already). That's the first thing to eliminate as a suspect.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Easy $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-07-2014, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Ok thanks, there is a game on tonight so I'll tape it and check that out. I'll repost afterwards.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-07-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm not sure which option to cross my fingers for; on one hand you've got a faulty projector or signal path (doesn't sound like it, or I'd expect the image to always look bad instead of just when zoomed out during sports), OR your broadcast that you like to watch is bad quality and I'm not sure how much better you'll be able to get it..so you might be stuck with the problem either way. :/

The w1080 itself won't really be able to cause motion-blurring, so if the problem isn't there on your TV, it'll likely be something other than the projector. If the problem isn't there, please post your whole signal path so readers can comment if they've seen issues with certain pieces of gear that can be fixed by re-arranging.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Easy $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-07-2014, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Wow I'm surprised to say, from 3 feet away my plasma looks bad. Not as bad as my projector, but not clear at all. I have direct tv and I'm watching the NFL network. I think you hit the nail on the head with signal.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-07-2014, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

It's a sad case for a lot of TV on the big screen.
My recommendation; you're projector has a few different user/save-able settings, dedicate one to sports viewing and get your sharpness control tuned where it looks nice to you..crank it up until things look too pixel-y and jagged (or all the way up if it's alright) and possibly slide your seat backwards. Sitting farther back will hide a lot of the mushy signal just like it does for the plasma.
You'll have to find a compromise..unless you can find a clearer sports channel or provider.

post #7 of 8 Old 08-08-2014, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Ok I will try to do that. Thanks for all your help.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 47
WOW!!!

Now I'm worried.

I have a brand new w1080st, that I haven't hooked up yet.
Still waiting for some other goodies to arrive, before hooking everything up.
I also plan on watching a lot of NCAA and NFL football games.

However, I have Time Warner cable.
Any w1080st owners having trouble with football game reception, from this company?

Benq W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-FS52 Tower Speaker x 4
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page