Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Looking for a 1080p gaming projector that fits my current setup

Hi there,

I'm new to this board, I usually only used the german hififorums but these are not as active as your AVForums here
I currently own a BenQ W700 and use it for gaming with a high end gaming PC in my home theatre. Since i have some spare cash over right now, i want to buy a fullHD projector to replace the W700. But there are some specific requirements that need to be taken care of.

First, this is what my new projector should have:
-the new projector needs to have a resolution of 1920x1080 a.k.a. FullHD
-my budget is 700€(that's about 920$)
-2xHDMI slot
-low input lag
-generally a good/very good ability to be used for gaming

Second, these are the current circumstances:
-my screen allows a picture with maximum dimensions of 199cm x 112cm
-the projector HAS to be able to project that screen size from a distance of about 324-327cm(the W700 sits on the ceiling and i'm not able to move the mounting)
-die middle of the lens is 45cm away from the ceiling and the top of the picture is 65cm away from the ceiling(->offset?)....but i would be happy if i could reduce the distance between ceiling and projector in the future

These are the projectors I already looked into:
-BenQ W1070: For the W1070 i would have to move the mounting, which is not possible for me.
-Optoma HD131XE: In my opinion that is a good choice due to low input lag and currently low price. But i have read that the colors aren't that good.
-Optoma HD25e: What is the difference between that one and the HD131XE?

What OTHER options are there to consider?

Here are two pictures of the current situation in my room(#1 is from standing under the projector and looking at the screen, #2 is from standing in front of the screen) :
http://i.imgur.com/su10u2y.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/q8Lydf8.jpg

Please recommend some projectors that would fulfill my circumstances.
Thank you guys and I'm sorry for any trouble my english skills create

Best regards
Poly

Last edited by Polypropylen; 08-10-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 182
You'll want to stay DLP for the best motion and lowest lag. There are a few models though the w1070 is quite a ways ahead of everything else..the 131xe though less accurate by a fair amount is still slightly more accurate than most other inexpensive DLPs. The 131xe and hd25e are the same projector in a different color case. At one point they were even running the exact same firmware updates. The slight difference in listed specs is just a little made-up difference to make it more believable that they are different so some will be tricked I to buying the more expensive one. It's exactly as weird as it sounds.
Polypropylen likes this.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Easy $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
You'll want to stay DLP for the best motion and lowest lag. There are a few models though the w1070 is quite a ways ahead of everything else..the 131xe though less accurate by a fair amount is still slightly more accurate than most other inexpensive DLPs. The 131xe and hd25e are the same projector in a different color case. At one point they were even running the exact same firmware updates. The slight difference in listed specs is just a little made-up difference to make it more believable that they are different so some will be tricked I to buying the more expensive one. It's exactly as weird as it sounds.
Thanks for the reply
AND thanks for the heads up on the HD25e! The HD131XE is currently available for only 560€, die W1070 would be +100€ but sadly, I'm not able to fit it into my room.

So besides the HD131XE there is no competition around the 700€-mark?
I just read something about the Viewsonic PJD7820HD , anything on that one compared to the HD131XE? It's at about 600€.

Last edited by Polypropylen; 08-10-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page