Any way to fix this insane convergence on my Epson 8350? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-24-2014, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Angry Any way to fix this insane convergence on my Epson 8350?

So I went through hell with these projectors. I had one for about 2 years (almost up to warranty expiration) when it suddenly had strange color problems and flickering. I contacted Epson support and played projector roulette until I finally got one that worked (about 5 or 6 projectors in). This one has worked for about 7 months so far. The original bulb I had was starting to get dim so I ordered a new one (it was around 4000 hours).

I put the new bulb in and it looked fine for a while, until this happened (see picture attachment).

The convergence is beyond screwed. The blue is split in half horizontally, i.e. when the EPSON logo shows, the top half of the letters in blue are pushed above the logo, and the bottom half of the letters are below it.

Is there any way to fix this myself? I'm sick and ****ing tired of Epson's ******** and their ******** "refurbished" projectors. I'm pretty sure they don't do anything to refurb them.

I kind of want to just buy a new projector from a different company, but I good luck convincing my wife to let me do that...

And before you say it, I put the old bulb in and it had the exact same problem so it's definitely not the bulb.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140824_193103215.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	228265  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-25-2014, 08:41 PM
DTI

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
More like I am sick & tired of Epson sending me someone else's so called repaired junk..
There was a post not to long ago where someone took one of these a part posted quite a few pics
on this forum and how he fixed his I would try to find him and ask him a few questions
post #3 of 3 Old 08-26-2014, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yeah, I've seen lots of negative posts about the quality of Epson refurbished crap.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to find that thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP