1Likes
  • 1 Post By dr0s

post #1 of 6 Old 08-25-2014, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Some advice re my old HD65 please guys

Yeah unfortunately due to money woes I am having to stay with the old HD65 till next year...

Issue is, after 220 hours use the lamp has gone very dim. Not sure why, though we have had power outages in the past which I am sure has not helped. But I am concerned there may be another or different cause, there is a weird silver little 'splat' appeared on the inside of the lens!

Running too hot or something? I just worry that if i spend on a replacement bulb there may still be an underlying cause.

Best,

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHorse View Post
Yeah unfortunately due to money woes I am having to stay with the old HD65 till next year...

Issue is, after 220 hours use the lamp has gone very dim. Not sure why, though we have had power outages in the past which I am sure has not helped. But I am concerned there may be another or different cause, there is a weird silver little 'splat' appeared on the inside of the lens!

Running too hot or something? I just worry that if i spend on a replacement bulb there may still be an underlying cause.
Inside the lens of the projector, or inside the lens of the bulb? (Hopefully the former!) Was this an Optoma-branded bulb, or aftermarket?
post #3 of 6 Old 08-26-2014, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0s View Post
, Inside the lens of the projector or inside the lens of the bulb? (Hopefully the former!) Was this an Optoma-branded bulb, or aftermarket?
Inside the lens of the projector, and its an Optoma bulb.

Best,

Dan
post #4 of 6 Old 08-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Inside the lens of the projector, and its an Optoma bulb.
Well, a splat on the inside of a lens could certainly cause dimming. I have no idea where such a thing could come from. As your bulb is still functioning, I can't see how it could be that (though you might want to remove it and inspect it to see if it has any visible problems).

You could try calling Optoma. Even though the projector is well out of service, they might still be willing to make some suggestions. Had you had an aftermarket bulb then of course they could blow you off with "bad bulb," but since the bulb is authentic Optoma and not much used I'd expect them to be helpful.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-27-2014, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0s View Post
Well, a splat on the inside of a lens could certainly cause dimming. I have no idea where such a thing could come from. As your bulb is still functioning, I can't see how it could be that (though you might want to remove it and inspect it to see if it has any visible problems).

You could try calling Optoma. Even though the projector is well out of service, they might still be willing to make some suggestions. Had you had an aftermarket bulb then of course they could blow you off with "bad bulb," but since the bulb is authentic Optoma and not much used I'd expect them to be helpful.
Its odd, its not a big splat/drop but it worries me something has melted inside.

Ok mate, i will do and thanks for the tip, i did not think at first Optoma would help on such an older unit, will try though

Best,

Dan
post #6 of 6 Old 08-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ok mate, i will do and thanks for the tip, i did not think at first Optoma would help on such an older unit, will try though
Well, they might or they might not, it can't hurt to try.

If there's damage to your lens there's not much you're going to be able to do.
DanHorse likes this.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page