Need burnt lamp for Epson 8100 projector (or similar) to make inlaws leave - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-07-2014, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need burnt lamp for Epson 8100 projector (or similar) to make inlaws leave

Hi friends,

My Epson 8100 Home Cinema pro works well. Too well it seems. I use it in my home theater in the basement and for the past 2 years brother in law has made it a twice a week ritual to invite his friends to the basement and spend entire weekends. It is totally putting our family life and privacy on hold and wife is too sensitive about her brother. He and his friends are over every weekend, usually from Sat night to Sunday night. I don't mind occasional visitors to hang out with, but with them taking the house over every weekend, but I have become a stranger in my own house.

I need to replace the lamp with a broken one for a weeks so I can break this routine. I am willing to buy (for a reasonable price) and pay for shipping a BROKEN/BURNT/NOT WORKING lamp for Epson 8100 ProLite model.

My understanding is that a lamp compatible with any of the following projectors will work -- i just need an old broken lamp with housing that makes it look like that my lamp is bad and maybe I will get a break for a few weeks, a month or two if i am lucky before I am forced to 'replace' the lamp and suffer again.

Please help a brother out...

If anyone has advice on where else I can hunt for a broken/bad lamp, please do let me know.

list of projectors that are a match:

Pro Cinema 9700UB
Pro Cinema 9350
Home Cinema 8700UB
Home Cinema 8350
Pro Cinema 9500UB
Pro Cinema 9100
Home Cinema 8500UB
Home Cinema 8100
Pro Cinema 7500UB
Home Cinema 7100
Home Cinema 6500
Home Cinema 6100
Home Cinema 6500UB
TW3000
TW4000
TW5000
H373A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Is your brother in law savvy enough to know that a lamp is busted, and that something else is not the issue? Perhaps you could just unplug the projector and tell him it started leaking magic smoke and you need to go get it repaired? Or just take the lamp out completely and tell him you threw the bad one out?
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2014, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrDewey View Post
Is your brother in law savvy enough to know that a lamp is busted, and that something else is not the issue? Perhaps you could just unplug the projector and tell him it started leaking magic smoke and you need to go get it repaired? Or just take the lamp out completely and tell him you threw the bad one out?
Thanks IrDewey. Unfortunately he does know his way around gadgets so I can't just pretend that it's not working. It has to legitimately not work -- and even then I am afraid that he may tell me that he'd buy the cheap $35 version until I buy the proper lamp. I am just hoping that it gives me enough of a break, even for a few weeks, to break this HABIT and maybe things will improve.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I can loan you my kahunas and a baseball bat. It is your house not his, send him packing and if he won't leave, send him to the ER!

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2014, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Hi airscapes,

I have got the kahunas and some bats too -- but unfortunately I've got toddlers in the house and a wife who is overly sensitive about her brother and is sure to make a scene out of it. Had the kids not been in the picture, it could have been my way or highway scenario.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswarrior View Post
Hi airscapes,

I have got the kahunas and some bats too -- but unfortunately I've got toddlers in the house and a wife who is overly sensitive about her brother and is sure to make a scene out of it. Had the kids not been in the picture, it could have been my way or highway scenario.
Sorry for you pain.. I can relate.. just on the other end of live.. Mother-in-law just moved in.. fortunately she has not found my buttons to push.. however she is doing a bang up job of pushing my wifes! Family can be a problem.. but it is your house, talk to you wife and get her on you side, then shut down frat house.. you got kids and your are married.. everyone out unless invited! As they say on on TB.. "Your invitations is rescinded!"

Take the projector down and tell him it is broken.. hide it and say you sent it away to be fixed.. could take 6-10 weeks!
Good luck and think about not answering the door next week when he shows up..

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page