Projector for 110" screen at a distance of 16 feet? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Projector for 110" screen at a distance of 16 feet?

Is there a way for the Benq W1070 (or any similar projector) to project an image to fit a 110" screen at a distance of 15 1/2 feet to 16 feet?

I have a 110" screen and my plan has been to rest the projector on a 5' tall bookshelf that's 15 1/2 feet to 16 feet away. The couch is directly in front of said bookshelf.

I just purchased the Benq W1070 (the projector is still within the return period) and at that length the image is way too big. In order to get an image to fit, I have to bring the project to a distance of 9 feet from the screen. The projector has options to make the imager larger, but not smaller.

Thank you in advance for your advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dango5 View Post
Is there a way for the Benq W1070 (or any similar projector) to project an image to fit a 110" screen at a distance of 15 1/2 feet to 16 feet?

I have a 110" screen and my plan has been to rest the projector on a 5' tall bookshelf that's 15 1/2 feet to 16 feet away. The couch is directly in front of said bookshelf.

I just purchased the Benq W1070 (the projector is still within the return period) and at that length the image is way too big. In order to get an image to fit, I have to bring the project to a distance of 9 feet from the screen. The projector has options to make the imager larger, but not smaller.

Thank you in advance for your advice!
You can calculate throw distance here: http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...ulator-pro.cfm

Optoma HD131, the typical alternative to the BenQ, can't quite make a screen that small from 15 1/2.

Epson 8345/8350 might be a good option, they have a really large zoom range and should fit your throw distance.

Sony VPL-HW40 can according to the calc, but that is in a different price range at around 2 - 2.5k.

Is a ceiling mount not an option?

Last edited by Erasmus354; Yesterday at 12:50 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 141
The upcoming Optoma hd36/hd151 is claiming to be another RGB DLP (the sadly rare combination needed for a bright color-accurate DLP image) with a monstrous 1.5:1 zoom that should make that size:distance you're looking for. It'll be slightly over $1000.

The only other options I know of are the Epson 8345/8350 and upcoming Epson 3000 which are in the $800-1200 range. They will offer less contrast than the w1070, but not nearly as much less as other LCD, and their placement freedom is un-rivaled.

The 8345/8350 doesn't have 3D, which may or may not matter to you.

Simple
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread - 110 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page