I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the following gear...
- Denon DVD-900 single disc or DVM-1805 5 disc Player (Both with DCDi by Fj)
- Denon AVR-1803 with 27Mhz component switching
- Optoma EzPro 753 (ceiling mounted, no hush box)
- Draper Targa 4:3 with AT1200 fabric and a 16" drop (accoustically transparent, 1.2 gain)
- Dish Network Model 6000 HD SAT/OTA tuner
- 3 Atlantic Technology IWTS-10 LCR in-wall speakers for front & center duties.
- 4 Atlantic Technology IWTS-8 CMS in-ceiling speakers; two for surround L/R, two for surround back (for DTS-ES)
- Atlantic Technology 172 PBM subwoofer since I can't affort/justify $2200 for an in-wall sub!
My plan is to get composite to s-video converters ($33 each from http://s-video.com/rcatosvideo.html
) for my existing N64 and VHS VCR so that all output is either via component or s-video. This way, I only need to run s-video and DVI-I cables to the PJ from my equipment rack.
A HTPC might be added later, but mainly for games and surfing, not scaling. I'd like to get a DVI-I switcher (preferrably X-10 controlled) to switch between the AVR-1803 source and the DVI output from the NVidia card in the PC.Biggest Question:
- What is the best way to convert the component output to DVI? I'm definately a DVI newbie! :rolleyes:Other Questions:
- Should the DVD output 480i and let the SI 504 in the 753 scale & deinterlace, or 480p?
- I wasn't planning to mask the screen. Will this pose a problem for 16:9 DVD watching?
- In a 13' x 22' x 8.5' room, what is the best size screen? 80"? 100"?
- Can the AVR-1803 handle switching a 1080i or 720p signal from the Model 6000?
- I assume I'd go with DVI-I for all cabling and switching, is this correct?
- Will daylight from the three north-facing single-pane windows pose a problem?
- Is having DVDi in the DVD player and SI 504 in the PJ redundant?
- What's the best way to switch between two DVI sources?
- Is there a better choice than the 753? I was thinking hard about the Sharp PG-M20X-A, but for a few hundred bucks, I'd like to have the 753's SI 504 chipset to handle scaling & deinterlacing.
- Anything I forgot or didn't consider!?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL INPUT I'M SURE THIS POST WILL GENERATE! AVSFORUM ROCKS!!