Side By Side 3D on W1070 from PS3 media server - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-19-2014, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Side By Side 3D on W1070 from PS3 media server

I don't have 3D glasses yet so I can't really test it...but I am wondering if anyone has tried this:

Almost all content I watch through my PS3. When I watch video files I stream them from my PC to my PS3 using PS3 Media Server instead of watching them directly from my PC because I don't have the greatest video card (and I am fairly certain it doesn't support 3D anyway if I wanted to stream 3D video files).

I tried to play a side by side 3D video file this way and it actually showed up as two side by side pictures. Everyone said the projector would automatically detect when I played 3D content but I had to go into the W1070 settings and enable 3D and set it to Side by side and it looked about like I expected (no longer 2 separate pictures but sort of blurry). Is this what it is supposed to do? When I get glasses will it just automatically "pair" when I turn it on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
I tried to play a side by side 3D video file this way and it actually showed up as two side by side pictures. Everyone said the projector would automatically detect when I played 3D content but I had to go into the W1070 settings and enable 3D and set it to Side by side and it looked about like I expected (no longer 2 separate pictures but sort of blurry). Is this what it is supposed to do? When I get glasses will it just automatically "pair" when I turn it on?
Yup, that's what you do.

Auto-swapping to 3D only works with 3D Blu-Ray (or 3D games) which send a 'frame-packed' video output that automatically puts the projector into 3D mode.
For SBS like you're doing, you have to do it manually. Fortunately, it's just 2 clicks of the remote

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread