AVS Forum banner

BenQ W1350 Q1 2015

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Daveh1977 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The throw on this model (assuming it's the same as the W1300) might suit people in some situations more than the W1070 and W1070+/HT1075.

That is provided this model is actually easily available in all territories (unlike the W1300 it's based on!)

Why would they motorize lens shift but not zoom/focus? (That might've been useful for zooming for different source aspect ratios!)

#3 ·
Be careful I'm not talking about an motorized lens-shift, the electronic shift is an elaborated keystone option.

#6 ·
A little upadte about the W1350, I will receive it Tomorrow, review will follow ;)

#9 ·
Is the W1350 lens really made of glass and not plastic like the 1070 and 1070+?

From brochure:
All-Glass, Low-Dispersion Coated Lens

Featuring BenQ’s very own Full HD-optimized optical system, the W1350 ensures the best color performance, clarity and sharpness in every Full HD image. With all twelve of its projection lenses made of all glass material, the projector outperforms others with greater light penetration, preserving the truest image details for the most optimal viewing quality. What’s more, a special low dispersion coating technology is applied to the lenses to minimize chromatic aberration or color fringes, a visual catastrophe manifested by unmatched sharpness and color saturation. As a result, the fullest and most vivid colors are delivered with superior sharpness to please your eyes.

#10 ·
Is the W1350 lens really made of glass and not plastic like the 1070 and 1070+?

From brochure:
All-Glass, Low-Dispersion Coated Lens

Featuring BenQ’s very own Full HD-optimized optical system, the W1350 ensures the best color performance, clarity and sharpness in every Full HD image. With all twelve of its projection lenses made of all glass material, the projector outperforms others with greater light penetration, preserving the truest image details for the most optimal viewing quality. What’s more, a special low dispersion coating technology is applied to the lenses to minimize chromatic aberration or color fringes, a visual catastrophe manifested by unmatched sharpness and color saturation. As a result, the fullest and most vivid colors are delivered with superior sharpness to please your eyes.
During my review about the previous model (the W1300) I was able to discover a very good Lens. You can see here that there is no chromatic aberration :

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/2013/10/04/benq-w1300-test-du-projecteur/

So I'm able to trust BenQ when they are saying that it's an all glass lens.

#12 · (Edited)
Any idea if this model will see wider availability than the previous version?

Am I reading that right?! Native contrast measures 3866:1, as in without using the dynamic lamp?
That would put this roughly on-par with the $2000+ ae8000, 5030/5025, and hw40!

#15 ·
Any idea if this model will see wider availability than the previous version?

Am I reading that right?! Native contrast measures 3866:1, as in without using the dynamic lamp?

That contrast figure is for the previous model (W1300) rather than this one (review isn't up for this one yet). That is indeed high, though.

I also hope this sees wider release than its predecessor (which seemed limited to Europe).
The throw may very well suit rooms that the W1070/HT1075 doesn't... And the fact that the lens is all-glass as well is a bonus (and uncommon at this price-point...)

Reactions: Ftoast
#13 ·

A view from the two différent kinds of menus (advandced and basic).

#14 ·
I really hope there is a North American release! Plastic lenses usually means heat-related focus drift right? Also, my previous projector, a Benq W5000, just died after 7 years and I would like to have a similar throw projector to replace it that doesn't cost too much.

#22 ·
It is as good as the older version with additionnal new features (MHL, USB) but only details.

#24 ·
Hi everyone. Just bought the Benq 1350 and wondering if anyone here could help -
I read about the rainbow effect issue some people have with dlps, but that the effect should be minimal with a six speed colour wheel -which is why I got the 1350.
This is the first dlp I've seen and the rainbow effect is very distracting to me. I've looked at a few different types of film and im seeing them everywhere.
Even the more expensive dlp s only seem to go up to six speed, so I'm wondering if there's any point in me replacing the 1350 with a higher spec dlp (up to about ?1500) ? Or am i likely to experience rainbows on any dlp? Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.