AVS Forum banner

celing mount questions

510 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AV_Integrated 
#1 ·
I'm planning on using this mount with a Benq ht1075 in the near future.

http://www.mountdirect.com/LFM_Projector_Mount_Black_p/lfm.htm

If anyone has any better suggestions I"m all ears but I need the mount as short as possible as I'm mounting the projector in one of the two rectangle cutouts in my back wall so I can't go any higher than the cutout. Based on my calculations so far, even with that mount and the projector offset, I'm going to be slightly lower than I'd like on screen bottom but it should be manageable.

My main question is how do I line this all up and mount it perfectly? I assume I mount the screen, then somehow have to hold the projector in position to determine where to mount it. Is there a better easier way?

#2 ·
If you have some leeway in where the screen goes, always mount the projector first. Shine it on the wall where the screen will go, get it square -- sides same width top and bottom and height the same side to side and the image size exactly the same size as the screen -- and then mark the image on the wall. Hang the screen so it is where you marked the image.

#3 ·
Unfortunately, I don't really have much leeway where the screen goes, its going to be 150 inch wall mounted and just going to fit in the wall space needed. Not to mention by the time I put the screws in and mount it, i'm sure it will end up slightly off from wherever I actually mean to put it. Kind of like mounting a picture.

#4 · (Edited)
The W1075 must go with the lens on center and about 2" above the top edge of the screen.

I'm not sure what you are struggling with on this. You measure the height from the top of the screen to the ceiling, then subtract 2". That's where the center of the lens needs to be. Put the mount on the projector and measure from the top of the mount to the center of the lens. That's how far off the ceiling the center of the lens will be. Any additional blocking, or standoffs needed to be added to this distance.

So, if the stacking height of the projector (to center of lens) is 4", then the top of the screen should be about 6" from the ceiling.

If your cutouts are 8" from the ceiling, then 8"+4" = 12" and the top of the image will be 14" from the ceiling.

You can measure floor up or ceiling down - whatever. But, it's just basic addition and subtraction on this calculation. The most difficult part is measuring the distance fro the top of the mount to the center of the lens. That mount is decent, but not at all adjustable for any custom heights, but for low stacking height, seems okay.

I like this mount: http://www.superwarehouse.com/Premi...US/p/2116794?gclid=COr8lMzTk8ICFczm7Aod5RwAlw

Apparently you can bolt the projector directly to the mounting plate and NOT use the universal arms so that the total stacking height is under 4".

I'm struggling to find it right now, but there was a review that specifically mentioned the W1070 and low-profile mounting.

I like this mount over what you linked to because it has a much wider stance in the connection points and uses standard connection types, so if you do need to move the projector to a different location and drop it down, you can use standard 1.5" pipe extensions. Basically, it looks like the Chief RPA series mounts, but less expensive.

EDIT: Here is the review which includes info specifically towards the W1070...
http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Mounts-Univ-Projector-Profile/dp/B0017DJWGC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.