Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne Australia
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just thinking of how helpful a consumers' list of dodgy retailers would have been for me while I was a newbie. We should develop a list of retailers which we had contact with and list them according to the following criteria: honesty, knowledge, and service responsiveness. So its pretty much more salient qualities instead of more quantifiable qualities like breadth of product range, etc. As I've mentioned before, I think people that know how to do business should be given more business and people who don't know how to do business should find another profession.
Here is my list:
City: Melbourne, Australia
1. Footscray Audio (Sergio): competitive, excellent customer service and downright honest.
2 Tasman AV (Gary): best prices, courteous and patient.
3. AI Audio (only Scott is good, the others a bit of a BS artist): very frank, competitively priced but have to haggle.
1. Carlton Audio / Visual
1. B&H Australia. (B&H are only after big corporate accounts so if you buy from them their after sale service may be questionable because they don't need your future referrals)
2. Sound and Vision on Chapel Street. (they will tell you anything close a sale, these guys nearly convinced me to buy some of the worst demo DLPs on the market)
3. Secher Audio. (will also tell you anything to close a sale)
4. There is a hifi shop in Wantirna. They are bad because they mainly carry Optoma and Dreamvision projectors. They are also not very responsive in following up your calls.