Conference Projector For Video Or, Home Theater Projector For Computer Screen Display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-09-2002, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm very new to the forum, someone from dpreview's forum suggested I may find some great information here. I'm not sure if anyone has ever been in this situation but I want to purchase a multimedia projector for dual use. One use would be hooking it to a laptop so I can display slideshows of my digital images from a laptop (I suppose I'd have to resize the originals from my 6 megapixel DSLR first). The second use would be using it to watch TV and the occasional DVD. While I enjoy watching TV I'm not a big video buff and almost everything I watch is off my Tivo which I'm assuming is pretty low resolution. So, the burning question I have is where do I start? I saw some of the Sharp Projectors on display at 6th Avenue Electronics, a local retailer and I was very much impressed with the quality over anything I've seen yet.

Thanks for your time, any suggestions are really welcome!

Robert Wasilewski
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-09-2002, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have used data projectors for video with good results. Can't see a problem, but make sure you buy an XGA unit.

ziggy
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page