Correct bulb for JVC DLA-HD1 (DLA-RS1)? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 10 Old 02-02-2015, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Correct bulb for JVC DLA-HD1 (DLA-RS1)?

Hi!

I have a JVC DLA-HD1 (I believe the same projector goes in the
US under the type DLA-RS1).

I removed the original bulb housing BHL-5009-S and examined the bulb.
The bulb has the following information on it:
"hscr200v1h, top, 8g16"

Now I would need to order a replacement original bulb. I believe that
way I would get the best quality with the cheapest price possible when
replacing the lamp - i.e. using the old housing and having a new original
lamp in it.

I have noticed a vendor on ebay that claims to be selling
"new original bulb BHL-5009-S" and on his ad there is marking
hscr195D11h on the lamp... Anyone know if this is really an original
lamp for BHL-5009-S? I am thinking that perhaps they have changed
the bulb model at some point.

Your advice is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-02-2015, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by solid_dvd View Post
Hi!

I have a JVC DLA-HD1 (I believe the same projector goes in the
US under the type DLA-RS1).

I removed the original bulb housing BHL-5009-S and examined the bulb.
The bulb has the following information on it:
"hscr200v1h, top, 8g16"

Now I would need to order a replacement original bulb. I believe that
way I would get the best quality with the cheapest price possible when
replacing the lamp - i.e. using the old housing and having a new original
lamp in it.

I have noticed a vendor on ebay that claims to be selling
"new original bulb BHL-5009-S" and on his ad there is marking
hscr195D11h on the lamp... Anyone know if this is really an original
lamp for BHL-5009-S? I am thinking that perhaps they have changed
the bulb model at some point.

Your advice is much appreciated.
There are a lot of cheap knockoff lamps being sold on e-bay. You want a genuine lamp made by Philips or Osram. I've used both and thought the Osram was better.

Amazon.com - Osram P-VIP 200/1.0 P21.5 High Quality Original OEM Projector Bulb - Video Projector Lamps

Kirk Ellis
JVC DLA-RS1 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
post #3 of 10 Old 02-03-2015, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip!!
post #4 of 10 Old 03-09-2015, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
There are a lot of cheap knockoff lamps being sold on e-bay. You want a genuine lamp made by Philips or Osram. I've used both and thought the Osram was better.

Amazon.com - Osram P-VIP 200/1.0 P21.5 High Quality Original OEM Projector Bulb - Video Projector Lamps
Hi Dreamer,
may you please tell me how many Lux/Lumens do you have on your screen with this lamp..?
When my lamp was at 1000 Hours i've calibrated my JVC HD1 with Eye Display II and Crystalio VPS3800.
The light was not so high but with the dark wall the image was acceptable..
Now at 1400 Hours i try to measure the Lux on my 260 cm base 16/9 screen (so it's roughly 3,5 square meters) with a 100% white test image and the instruments tell me 15 Lux that multiplied by the 3,5 Square meter..are roughly 52,50 Lumen...
I think that this value is not normal...but i do not understand if it's a lamp problem or a more hard to solve problem (light path inside the projector..)
I do not have reference value of the old time when the projector was new...but my eyes tell me that now is really a dark image...
I have tried a "replacement" lamp a cheap one (80 Euro) but the light output was even worst...less than 10 Lux in the same condition.. So it's the poor lamp or the projector at the end of his working life or is it possible to put the projector again "alive"...??

I'm waiting for your opinion about that.
Thank you for the time you dedicate in helping me...

m64.

PS. Since i live in Europe i try to find some equivalent offer to the Osram Lamp here..is this the same product you bought in USA...?

Last edited by master64; 03-09-2015 at 01:58 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-09-2015, 03:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by master64 View Post
Hi Dreamer,
may you please tell me how many Lux/Lumens do you have on your screen with this lamp..?
When my lamp was at 1000 Hours i've calibrated my JVC HD1 with Eye Display II and Crystalio VPS3800.
The light was not so high but with the dark wall the image was acceptable..
Now at 1400 Hours i try to measure the Lux on my 260 cm base 16/9 screen (so it's roughly 3,5 square meters) with a 100% white test image and the instruments tell me 15 Lux that multiplied by the 3,5 Square meter..are roughly 52,50 Lumen...
I think that this value is not normal...but i do not understand if it's a lamp problem or a more hard to solve problem (light path inside the projector..)
I do not have reference value of the old time when the projector was new...but my eyes tell me that now is really a dark image...
I have tried a "replacement" lamp a cheap one (80 Euro) but the light output was even worst...less than 10 Lux in the same condition.. So it's the poor lamp or the projector at the end of his working life or is it possible to put the projector again "alive"...??

I'm waiting for your opinion about that.
Thank you for the time you dedicate in helping me...

m64.

PS. Since i live in Europe i try to find some equivalent offer to the Osram Lamp here..is this the same product you bought in USA...?
I've never measured the lux on my screen. Whenever I have replaced the lamp with an OSRAM it was very bright. As bright as when the projector was new. Bright enough to leave room lights turned on. By 300 hours, room lights needed to be off and the light level stayed the same until 1500 hours or more. I would then replace at 1500. So the OSRAM started brighter than the original lamp but dimmed more quickly.

The link on the Italy Amazon site has the identical description but an incorrect picture, so I cannot advise whether it is the correct lamp or not.

If you have not already done so, remember to clean the prism in front of the lamp whenever you change the lamp. I rub it clean with alcohol on a micro-fiber (lint-free) cloth. The image is noticeably brighter after I do that.

I have not heard of any "dimming" problem with the projector itself -- only lamp and dirty prism problems causing dimming. If your image is still color accurate, but only too dim, then I think the correct lamp will make your projector "alive" again.

Kirk Ellis
post #6 of 10 Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I've never measured the lux on my screen. Whenever I have replaced the lamp with an OSRAM it was very bright. As bright as when the projector was new. Bright enough to leave room lights turned on. By 300 hours, room lights needed to be off and the light level stayed the same until 1500 hours or more. I would then replace at 1500. So the OSRAM started brighter than the original lamp but dimmed more quickly.

The link on the Italy Amazon site has the identical description but an incorrect picture, so I cannot advise whether it is the correct lamp or not.

If you have not already done so, remember to clean the prism in front of the lamp whenever you change the lamp. I rub it clean with alcohol on a micro-fiber (lint-free) cloth. The image is noticeably brighter after I do that.

I have not heard of any "dimming" problem with the projector itself -- only lamp and dirty prism problems causing dimming. If your image is still color accurate, but only too dim, then I think the correct lamp will make your projector "alive" again.
I dreamer,
first of all thank you very much for your clear and quick reply..
I'd like to change projector but if i could make "alive" again my projector without breaking the bank in this moment for me is better...

I'd like to pose to you two question more:

1. Lamp replacement:
Is this one more similar to your lamp..?
Tha picture seem to be more similar to your lamp...is'n it?

2. Lamp replacement process:
I always change the complete lamp with housing..so is it so hard to change the bulb only..? How can i proceed? Is it available pictures on the procedure..? Do you have some suggestion..?

Thank you very much.
m64

------------------------------------------------
Projector: JVC DLA-HD1 Screen: AdeoScreen Plano 113" 16:9 VideoProcessor: Crystalio II VPS 3800 PreAmpli: Rotel RSP-1066 Final: Rotel RMB-1075 BluRay: Samsung BDP-1400
Satellite: VU+Uno MediaPlayer: PopCornHour A410 AudioPlayer: Sonos Connect Dish: Gibertini OP 150S

Last edited by master64; 03-09-2015 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Signature
post #7 of 10 Old 03-09-2015, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by master64 View Post
I dreamer,
first of all thank you very much for your clear and quick reply..
I'd like to change projector but if i could make "alive" again my projector without breaking the bank in this moment for me is better...

I'd like to pose to you two question more:

1. Lamp replacement:
Is this one more similar to your lamp..?
Tha picture seem to be more similar to your lamp...is'n it?

2. Lamp replacement process:
I always change the complete lamp with housing..so is it so hard to change the bulb only..? How can i proceed? Is it available pictures on the procedure..? Do you have some suggestion..?

Thank you very much.
m64
1. Yes, that picture looks correct.

2. It isn't difficult. There are four philips screws holding the module together. It must the taken apart and there should be screws connecting the leads from the wiring harness to the bulb itself. Some of the original bulbs have the leads soldered to the tabs on the bulb, which will make it more complicated, so I'd advise taking apart the "cheap lamp" you bought instead. Be sure to wear cloth gloves through the entire process, as any fingerprint oils on any surface of the bulb can cause uneven heating and short bulb life. There will be two spring clips holding the bulb face down against the front of the module housing. Make sure you see exactly how they work. Pull the bulb out, and remove the screws on the bulb tabs. Mark which lead went to the side tab and which to the end of the bulb. Put the new bulb in so the side of the bulb labeled " TOP" is on the side where the wiring harness is. Attach the leads to the tabs on the bulb. Put the spring clips in place -- they just sit loose until the back half of the module is screwed back in place, but you need to make sure they do not slip past the edge of the bulb during reassembly or else they will not hold it in place.

This youtube is pretty good, except he forgot to wear gloves.

Kirk Ellis
post #8 of 10 Old 03-10-2015, 02:51 PM

Hi Dreamer,
thank you very much for your exhaustive and clear reply and for having dedicated time in helping me.
I'll order the Osram and as soon as the bulb will arrive i'll write down the result..
Have a nice day.
m64

Projector: JVC DLA-HD1 Screen: AdeoScreen Plano 113" 16:9 VideoProcessor: Crystalio II VPS 3800 PreAmpli: Rotel RSP-1066 Final: Rotel RMB-1075 BluRay: Samsung BDP-1400
Satellite: VU+Uno MediaPlayer: PopCornHour A410 AudioPlayer: Sonos Connect Dish: Gibertini OP 150S
post #9 of 10 Old 03-13-2015, 05:30 PM

Liked: 0
I'm new to this all, but is it better to order more than one at a time???
post #10 of 10 Unread Today, 03:35 PM

Calibration or Bulb problem

Hi all...
waiting the new Osram bulb yesterday i try to make another session in calibrating my old JVC HD1...
I use the Crystalio VPS 3800 and Eye One Display II and Calman..
The Result are in the following picture..
As you see :
Gamma Curve is not so bad..
Color Temperature is quite constant (except for the 10% value... i try to understand why)
Grey Scale is nice..
RGB Balance is acceptable..and the Delta E Related too..
But...the position of the Red in the CIE Chart...is not so nice...and of course the Delta E related is far from good (roughly 25)...
What could be the problem...?
Is onyl the lamp lacking in Red...?Or may i do something to improve this performance...?
Thank you to every one for helping me...
m64
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Taratura JVC HD1.png
Views:	0
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	606225  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page