Difference between Benq HT1075 or Benq W1070+ - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 02-11-2015, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Difference between Benq HT1075 or Benq W1070+

Hi,

I am based out of Dubai and wish to invest in either HT1075 or W1070+ (Both are the same but just USA version and later being the European Version).

Now both the models (HT1075 / W1070+) are yet to become available in Dubai. I plan to order the HT1075 from Amazon. What confuses me and I would want an expert opinion is will the HT1075 work with my region? The specs says it supports NTSC & PAL etc. What could be the limitations and why would Benq have different model names; where in the past the W1070 model was named the same for all regions.

Some expert opinion needed. thanks.

Imran
chaudhry is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 02-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhry View Post
Hi,

I am based out of Dubai and wish to invest in either HT1075 or W1070+ (Both are the same but just USA version and later being the European Version).

Now both the models (HT1075 / W1070+) are yet to become available in Dubai. I plan to order the HT1075 from Amazon. What confuses me and I would want an expert opinion is will the HT1075 work with my region? The specs says it supports NTSC & PAL etc. What could be the limitations and why would Benq have different model names; where in the past the W1070 model was named the same for all regions.

Some expert opinion needed. thanks.

Imran
Well bro, I live in dubai too and had a look at that earlier.

The HT1075 / W1070+ are the exact same projector, but the name 1070+ is for europe.

I was hesitating between buying a W1070 locally and a ht1075 online in usa but damn..the W1070 is at 3999dhs here...while we can get the HT1075 for 3450dhs max with tax and shipping included. The only risk is lack of warranty.

Is that your first projector?I read a lot and it seems to be an awesome choice, much better than the epson we have here or the optoma hd26.

I may order one on Amazon too, maybe we can make a join order?

Concerning specs, here you go:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/..._spec_8314.pdf

it's 120-240v so no pb. And the ntsc/pal is not an issue since years...

Last edited by nozab62; 02-18-2015 at 09:35 AM.
nozab62 is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I saw your other post, I am will connect a harman kardon 171 with HTPC, xbox, satelite receiver, bluray, whatever...don't worry you won't have any issues.
nozab62 is offline  
post #4 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozab62 View Post
Well bro, I live in dubai too and had a look at that earlier.

The HT1075 / W1070+ are the exact same projector, but the name 1070+ is for europe.

I was hesitating between buying a W1070 locally and a ht1075 online in usa but damn..the W1070 is at 3999dhs here...while we can get the HT1075 for 3450dhs max with tax and shipping included. The only risk is lack of warranty.

Is that your first projector?I read a lot and it seems to be an awesome choice, much better than the epson we have here or the optoma hd26.

I may order one on Amazon too, maybe we can make a join order?

Concerning specs, here you go:


it's 120-240v so no pb. And the ntsc/pal is not an issue since years...


Hi Thanks for the reply. I actually ended up ordering from Amazon Benq HT1075 and received it just two days back. I did save atleast 600 Dhs comparing from 3999 for W1070 sold locally here.

Its an awesome projector. It is my first projector and I haven't used the W1070 so cant tell how much better it is from W1070. BUT Wow what a picture quality

I set it up to my Harman Kardon AVR 171 with a 5.1 Speaker system.

Have a nice 120 Inch electric Screen which falls right infront of my 55 Inch 3D LED TV. (I picked up a cheap screen nothing fancy it has a 1.1 Gain and made in china)

I hooked up a MAC Mini with a Drobo 5D HDD and have my Plex server and Plex Home Theater on that.

I have the Cable box also connected.

The Harman Kardon AVR allows 2 HDMI outputs, so it takes in HDMI's from my DVD Player, Mac Mini, Cable Box and gives me two HDMI Outputs, one to my projector and one to my TV.


Interestingly my projector to screen distance is just 10.5 Feet and my seating is also at the same distance. I was worried the 120 Inch screen will strain the eyes a little but its just perfect. 2D and 3D viewing both.

Double thumbs up...
chaudhry is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozab62 View Post
I saw your other post, I am will connect a harman kardon 171 with HTPC, xbox, satelite receiver, bluray, whatever...don't worry you won't have any issues.


Yes I will have to get the Xbox too...
chaudhry is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 AM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhry View Post
Hi Thanks for the reply. I actually ended up ordering from Amazon Benq HT1075 and received it just two days back. I did save atleast 600 Dhs comparing from 3999 for W1070 sold locally here.

Its an awesome projector. It is my first projector and I haven't used the W1070 so cant tell how much better it is from W1070. BUT Wow what a picture quality

I set it up to my Harman Kardon AVR 171 with a 5.1 Speaker system.

Have a nice 120 Inch electric Screen which falls right infront of my 55 Inch 3D LED TV. (I picked up a cheap screen nothing fancy it has a 1.1 Gain and made in china)

I hooked up a MAC Mini with a Drobo 5D HDD and have my Plex server and Plex Home Theater on that.

I have the Cable box also connected.

The Harman Kardon AVR allows 2 HDMI outputs, so it takes in HDMI's from my DVD Player, Mac Mini, Cable Box and gives me two HDMI Outputs, one to my projector and one to my TV.


Interestingly my projector to screen distance is just 10.5 Feet and my seating is also at the same distance. I was worried the 120 Inch screen will strain the eyes a little but its just perfect. 2D and 3D viewing both.

Double thumbs up...
Happy it worked for you ! My HT 1075 is on the way at the moment.

I sold my AVR 171 this week end. In all honesty the sound is good but when you start to listen to higher end things it leaves you quite frustrated. I ended up with used onkyo receiver and KEF speakers and even spared some money !
(it tells you a lot about this market that you can sell an harman kardon set and buy an onkyo THX receiver and KEF speakers for a third cheaper!) .

I am going for projector only. I sold my tv too. If I regret latter I may buy a 55 inch dumb TV too from hisense or brand like that.

Unfortunately at the moment I can't go larger than 85 inches for the projector with a 12 feet viewing distance, it won't be super big but already more than twice the size of my 55 inches tv.
When I will get the money to change my sofa and all maybe I'll change the all configuration and go for 120 inches like you !

Otherwise I use a HTPC (Zotac id92...quite powerful maybe too much lol) with XBMC and a simple 4 hardisk enclosure. No need of NAS for me.
A xbox 360 (rarely used).
HD sat receiver for watching football or tv channels from my country.

About your screen, where did you buy it and how much?
Did you install the projector on the ceiling?
Have you installed everything yourself?

Did you pay the 5% tax at dubai customs?

Thanks !
nozab62 is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Oh and which glasses did your order for the 3d?
i got the Estar, 2 glasses, but I may order an other 2 later.
nozab62 is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Newbie
 
alastairbrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The HT1075 / W1070+ are the exact same projector, but the name 1070+ is for Europe.

Free Presta Plugins - http://www.fmemodules.com/en/5-free-prestashop-stuff
alastairbrian is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I didnt pay any duty or anything. I got it delivered through Aramex Shop n Ship

I got the TrueDepth XL x 6 glasses they work great

I basically maximised the area which i had so 120 Inchs.

Believe it or not I ordered the screen from Souq com for 699 AED and they delivered for an extra 12 dhs. it was worth it..

Yes i installed all my self.

Its interesting how you got the ONKYO.. which model is it exactly and the speakers...

I have Infinity Beta HCS speakers so that are like 100 Watts, thus wasnt able to go above in amp power... May change some time in future.




How do you setup XBMC for international channels and content etc... or do you just use it for watching your movie library.
chaudhry is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozab62 View Post
Oh and which glasses did your order for the 3d?
i got the Estar, 2 glasses, but I may order an other 2 later.
Will post some pics of my setup tonight ...
chaudhry is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 02-23-2015, 05:13 AM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Oh ok, well I use aramex when I am sure it's a single box. But since I ordered like 15 item on amazon I used myus.
Because they make consolidation of package and you get them in 2 days.
Problem is I need to stop using DHL because there is always duty.
I should choose fedex to see if it's different.

Ok maybe I will buy some trudepth next time as they seem a bit cheaper.

The onkyo is the SR608. It's a 3 years old model but it beat the most recents like the 626 and all if all you want is sound.
I don't really care about wifi, bluetooth, spotify and all those stuff since the smart hub is my HTPC, not my tv, not my receiver and don't intend to go 4k before a while. I actually ended up paying 500dhs for it (2k with speakers).
If you intend to change receiver a THX certified will always make the difference, they have stringent requirement to pass that certification, meaning they can't put some big numbers not giving you what you expect in real life.

I actually could have get the 826 or 929 on dubizzle but I decided to save 1.2k and get the 608 that my good friend enjoy and praise.

The speakers are the KEF 3000 series and subwoofer HTB2SE.
I just turned them on, damn...to hell the harman kardon...

I sold my AVR171 with its HBQ60 speakers for 3,000...having it bought 4,300 (5,000 minus freebies I sold) at DSF last year it wasn't too bad, it sold in one day and a few people wanted it. And bought my onkyo + KEF for 2k only !

For XBMC, local content only, I have couchpatato and sickbeard DL everything automatically on usenet (once again my friend of mine who is really good at that did it for me, it's awesome).

I'll see what I do for installation, I may just call some installer who are selling cheap manual screen and projector mount. Because I don't see myself cell mounting the projector.

By the way, when I say 85inches, it's diagonal of 16:9 . so my image will hopefully be 188cm long by 105cm high.
I need to find a screen now.

Last edited by nozab62; 02-23-2015 at 05:21 AM.
nozab62 is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozab62 View Post
I have couchpatato and sickbeard DL everything automatically on usenet (once again my friend of mine who is really good at that did it for me, it's awesome).


What usenet servers do you use?
chaudhry is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 12:40 AM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Replied to you by MP.

So where are your pictures??I'm looking forward to them.

Finally I changed my idea of setup, somehow thanks to this conversation !

I will have 100 inches at 3 meter viewing instead of 85 inches at 4m. Should be much more immersive !
Instead of putting my screen within a cavity in my wall it will come in front of it and cover it all with my cabinet behind.

So I will be shopping for a 100 inches 16:9 electric screen now.
Someone on Dubizzle quoted me 750, Brand new, no delivery. Not convenient.
And I found that one for 599 on dubizzle:
http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/alpha-elec...ite-7279969/i/

Is that the brand you bought by chance?
nozab62 is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozab62 View Post
Replied to you by MP.

So where are your pictures??I'm looking forward to them.

Finally I changed my idea of setup, somehow thanks to this conversation !

I will have 100 inches at 3 meter viewing instead of 85 inches at 4m. Should be much more immersive !
Instead of putting my screen within a cavity in my wall it will come in front of it and cover it all with my cabinet behind.

So I will be shopping for a 100 inches 16:9 electric screen now.
Someone on Dubizzle quoted me 750, Brand new, no delivery. Not convenient.
And I found that one for 599 on dubizzle:
http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/alpha-elec...ite-7279969/i/

Is that the brand you bought by chance?

I will put up the pictures today hopefully .. if you are in DUbai, you are more than welcome to come and see over the weekend... ..


Yes this Alpha screen is the exact one I bought. I paid 12 ($4) dirhams for delivery . I Paid 699 for the 120 Inch...

I think its an OK screen. i would love to have the BlackDiamond one day. but till then... I bought the ceiling mount from Emax for 49 Dirhams.

Form your suggestion, I am now eager to see how Onkyo sounds.... I can feel the Harman Kardon doesn't give me that punchy sound. My speakers are only 100 Watts and Harman Kardon 171 is also 100 Watts.... but my old Harman Kardon AVR132 was way better sounding...

What do you suggest...
chaudhry is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozab62 View Post
So I will be shopping for a 100 inches 16:9 electric screen now.
Someone on Dubizzle quoted me 750, Brand new, no delivery. Not convenient.
And I found that one for 599 on dubizzle:
http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/alpha-elec...ite-7279969/i/

Is that the brand you bought by chance?


This is 113 Inches btw...
chaudhry is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastairbrian View Post
The HT1075 / W1070+ are the exact same projector, but the name 1070+ is for Europe.
Yes the same. Why cant Benq be uniform for all.. like they were with the W1070 across the world.
chaudhry is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 05:06 AM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Damn it ! You saved me man ! YEs I ordered the wrong size. Now I got the 16:9 100 inches for 599.

Well, Harman kardon isn't rubish, I had the AVR 171 and the HB
It was better to give some crazy punch like for metallic noise.

But for Bass, music, and overall clarity I prefer much what I have now.
I still need my friend to come and help me configure it. When it's done, you welcome to pass by and have a feel if you prefer that.

My friend was explaining me that the harmon kardon is more of an american type of song which is kinda explosive and has strong treble.
While the KEF and onkyo is something warmer, more refined which give sway more room for detail, and that's what I am hearing but still need to find the right place for the subwoofer.

Give me a PM with your whatsapp, we will take it from there.
nozab62 is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozab62 View Post
Damn it ! You saved me man ! YEs I ordered the wrong size. Now I got the 16:9 100 inches for 599.

Well, Harman kardon isn't rubish, I had the AVR 171 and the HB
It was better to give some crazy punch like for metallic noise.

But for Bass, music, and overall clarity I prefer much what I have now.
I still need my friend to come and help me configure it. When it's done, you welcome to pass by and have a feel if you prefer that.

My friend was explaining me that the harmon kardon is more of an american type of song which is kinda explosive and has strong treble.
While the KEF and onkyo is something warmer, more refined which give sway more room for detail, and that's what I am hearing but still need to find the right place for the subwoofer.

Give me a PM with your whatsapp, we will take it from there.
Yes I definitely would want to explore the sound before i make any decision...
Its not allowing me to send PM as i only have 12 posts.. it needs 15
chaudhry is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
how is the 626 ONKYO?
chaudhry is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
btw I am checking out on utube how to setup the sickbeard etc

That should be the 15th... hopefully
chaudhry is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Some Pictures of my New Setup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA002.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	567633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA001.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	567641   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA000.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	567649   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA012.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	567657   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA011.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	567665  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA010.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	567673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA009.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	567681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA008.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	567689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA007.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	567697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA006.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	567705  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA005.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	567713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA004.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	567721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA003.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	567729   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA023.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	567737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA022.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	567745  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA021.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	567753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA020.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	567761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA018.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	567769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA017.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	567777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA016.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	567785  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA015.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	567793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA014.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	567801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150226-WA013.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	567809  
chaudhry is offline  
post #22 of 25 Old 02-25-2015, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Another problem I have is the number of remotes .... I am ok with it but my wife and kids struggle with understanding what to do with them... Any solutions?

Any One ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Remotes.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	569321  
chaudhry is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 03-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Member
 
nozab62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Very very neat setup.
Due to lack of screen black drop on top my aestetic is a little bizarre. but anyway I will probably change lot of furniture next year and completely change the setup.

For the remote, my best 199$ ever spent were on a harmony 900 3years ago.
I only have one remote to control :
-tv
-light
-receiver
-sat
-du...

This will change your life it works by activity. If you push the button "watch sat tv on projector" it will turn on the projector/receiver/sat receiver put everything on the right input.
Of course it will take you a full friday afternoon to configure and tweak perfectly everything but you will never regret it/

The new ultimate model seems even easier than the past to program. Don't even blink and buy one. you can come to m place to have a look at it (as well as my sound).

I didn't reconfigure mine with all the new equipment yet but I can't wait. I need to find out how to control the screen as it is RF and not Infrared.

Ill probably do that from saturday 21st as I have a guest this week and won't be much at home.

Concerning the projector, it just blew my mind to watch startrek in 3d in bluray quality!
nozab62 is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old 03-12-2015, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello again. When you are on a project I keep running after perfection .

I bought an Onkyo tx616 through dubbizle, and a harmony 900 also, and yes you are right it has changed my viewing experience .

Couldn't figure out the rf control on the screen yet but let me know if you find a solution.... I enjoy the projector every day.... What settings did you use for calibration?

I'll msg you my no for what's app
chaudhry is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 09-17-2015, 12:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I am an owner of a new BenQ w1070. This is a new unit manufactured in April 2015. After 30hrs of usage I have noticed the brightness uniformity issue when my screen is blank white. This has been found to be a regular issue in w1070. Just google for "BenQ w1070 brightness uniformity"

Hence, after discussion with its dealer, he has agreed to exchange & upgrade it with Benq w1070+ model. In India there is no BenQ 1075HT and I understand that 1075HT and w1070+ are the same thing, just the name /model no. difference due to geographical marketing reason

My concerns are:

1) Whether w1070+/HT1075 has same brightness uniformity issue when the screen is blank white? Most of the BenQ users are unaware of this persistent issue

2) Moreover, is there any color calibration accuracy issue in these model where yellowishness in color cannot be fixed as mentioned here in avs forum review


"To our surprise the two-point what balance control didn't work properly, which was not the case on the older W1070. The offset controls for the darker part of the image (30 IRE) worked well but the gain controls for the brighter part (80 IRE) didn't work at all, so we couldn't get rid of the yellow caste in the brighter parts of the image. However we were able to improve the gamma, which now tracked our target of 2.4 quite closely. The included CMS meant we could also improve the colour performance, with accurate luminance measurements for all the colours. The hue and saturation measurements were also improved although we were unable to remove the errors in the saturation and hue of green, an issue we have had with other cheap BenQ projectors. However, the overall performance after calibration was generally quite good, especially with normal viewing material"

I don't want to land up into the compounded problems after the upgrade. Can you guys, owning w1070+ or HT1075, please check this? I will upgrade to w1070+ based upon your inputs. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150914_223121.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	944906   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150914_223132.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	944914  
intash is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off