For the hardcore 711XU guys - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-13-2002, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was able to obtain "the" floppy needed to use with the service manual! It's only a 685K application file.

I spoke with a tech about the "uniformity" problem that cropped up on my unit and had it fixed by getting a whole new optical block installed in it. He tryed to convince me that it couldn't be fixed, but my loaner 701 didn't have this problem as mine didn't initially. So I convinced him to order the whole assy. Pretty nice guy. All is well now.

I don't want to mess with this utility until my warranty is up as I was told by the tech that they will know if I use it and screw it up. So if thier are any brave soles out there that just have to "just do it" then please post your findings after playing with it.

I don't have the means to to distribute so post your interest and I'll get it to you via e-mail as soon as I can. If the demand is great, then I'll have to have someone up load it somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-13-2002, 11:54 PM

CP ,

Was the uniformity issue the greensih upper left, reddish lower right (with ceiling mount- opposite w/ table mount)? I'd love to get all the details of who you spoke to to get this resolved. I have this color uniformity proboem going on with my 75U and while it's easy to ignore most of the time, eventually I'd like to get it straightned out if pos. via panazip.
Thanks, -bd

"From now on I don't want anyone to come in and see me while I'm here. Is that clear?"
-Major Major
post #3 of 5 Old 11-14-2002, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

I did ask the tech about the 75u and was told that it had a different optical engine, but then again he was only concerned with my unit. Please keep in mind that I sent my unit in 3 times for the same problem. On the third time of receiving my unit back I called the support line and was transfered to "the" tech and spoke with him. I was asked to put a note to his attention when returning my unit. At that point it became a one on one issue so that may be be the trick. He did tell me that their repair procedures changed and it has become less personal and that less time was spent on each unit. Lots of little things are not addressed. I noticed that there was considerable amount of time that was added to my lamp so I assume that some time was spent on my unit to get it aligned mechanically.Time well spent I'd say.

Also keep in mind that it's on their dime every time you send it in and the loaner is yours to keep if it happens to be better than what you have. I was very courteous and informed him of my knowledge of projectors (geek stuff) so that he wouldn't try to pull the wool over my eyes.

My repair center is in Il. so your mileage may very depending on the center and the personal working there. Wish you luck on your attempt to get it fixed which I believe can be. Hope my experience with the service center helps in resolving your problem.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-14-2002, 07:53 AM

Thanks CP,

I guess the main message is be persisant, make personal contact and insist they replace the optical block. Would you mind telling me the name or email of the guy you dealt with ?
You can PM me if you'd prefer not to post it hear.
Thanks again, -Noam

"From now on I don't want anyone to come in and see me while I'm here. Is that clear?"
-Major Major
post #5 of 5 Old 11-14-2002, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

It can be done. I had the same problem on my 701xu. I put a note to the tec in the case that they sent stating what I wonted done and wallah fixed, they even got rid (like I asked) of the green push. the thing came back looking so beautiful.

bonedog,
I'm in southern California and mine went to Kansas,
I think thats where your's will be scent.
So call them man and get that thing fixed!!!

Ddog!

To see pictures of my home theater & screen shots click on the www icon at the top or go to:

http://home.1asphost.com/ddogtheater/
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page