Acer H6510BD vs Epson 2000 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Docton

post #1 of 4 Old 04-28-2015, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Acer H6510BD vs Epson 2000

I'm unsure which projector to choose, especially after reading a lot of positive reviews on both. My wife and I ordered both projectors on accident after a miscommunication on who would buy which, so here they are sitting in the room. I noticed that the Epson 2000 paired with my Samsung SSG 5150GB glasses with no issues; however, between my two pairs of glasses, neither would pair with the Acer. Then after going to a friend who's been buying projectors every two years or so for a while now, he suggest bumping up to the BenQ w1070. I don't mind spending a bit more for the Benq, but only if it's a large upgrade from what I have on hand already.

Does anyone have an insight as to which is the smarter choice? I'd mainly be using these for 3D movies and playing video games from time to time. Projecting onto a 128inch white surface in a completely dark room.
EmmaDarknet likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2015, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 216
The main question is which projector do you like the best? If you like the DLP Acer, then I would jump up to the BenQ.

Also, be sure to test the game lag time on the Epson if you are playing fast motion games. For me, I trade off a little (couldn't see the difference) sharpness/black levels/motion for a good warranty and $99 Epson replacement lamp. I am a fan of the filter after issues with dust in another brand of DLP. I have two (2013 & 2015) of the Epson HC2000s and so far no issues and I'm at 2865 on the 2013.

Good luck. It is a tough decision and I second guessed myself a bunch.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2015, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1106 View Post
The main question is which projector do you like the best? If you like the DLP Acer, then I would jump up to the BenQ.

Also, be sure to test the game lag time on the Epson if you are playing fast motion games. For me, I trade off a little (couldn't see the difference) sharpness/black levels/motion for a good warranty and $99 Epson replacement lamp. I am a fan of the filter after issues with dust in another brand of DLP. I have two (2013 & 2015) of the Epson HC2000s and so far no issues and I'm at 2865 on the 2013.

Good luck. It is a tough decision and I second guessed myself a bunch.
Thanks for the quick reply, Steve. I'm really not too sure which one I like best. I previously had an Epson 730 which had aspect ratios changing, zoom, a pointer, and a lot of other little things that I enjoyed. The Epson HC2000 doesn't have any of those, but the 3D works with my glasses.

I can't see the difference between the picture quality of the Acer and the Epson; however, again, I can't use the 3D on the Acer. The Acer does have a lot of nice features, though, which I enjoy. Do you know why the Samsung SSG-5150gb glasses would not work on the Acer? It would be nice to compare the 3D on both.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-28-2015, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Epson uses RF to send a signal to the glasses and Acer uses IR. I ran into the same issue with my DLP/ViewSonic 3D glasses, but as I recall the glasses for both were fairly inexpensive.

"The 3D glasses (optional) can be charged up enough in 3 minutes to watch a full length movie. They are RF which is great (not IR, which is what most DLP projectors use, since they use DLP link a standard that’s several years old. - See more at: http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/epson-home-cinema-2030-review-summary/#sthash.YHVLYgMY.dpuf"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page