Ben Q 1080st issues..... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-02-2015, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ben Q 1080st issues.....

Hi all, this has been my first and only projector. I bought it in January of 2014 and was amazed that such a picture could be had at such a low price. Recently the picture has degraded. Colors seemed washed out and contrast is all but gone. There is a halo around white words on a dark background etc.. The unit is in a light controlled room and the walls are blacked out around the screen. The bulb has 1500 hrs on it. I have attaced a few pics and any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1433286965734.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	752353   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1433287019021.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	752361   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1433287037612.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	752369  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Ben Q 1080st issues.....

That's an optical issue... Looks almost like your lens has smudges or the like on it? (Sounds obvious, but have you recently done anything lens-related: cleaned with an abrasive agent or something? Alternatively perhaps it needs a wipe? With just a damp spectacle-cleaning non-abrasive cloth?)

It's less likely but it's also possible something of the sort is elsewhere in the light path, though it's tough to tell from photos...

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2015, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow. I feel like a complete fool. I have been through every menu....twice. I checked the lens and it looked fine but I never actually cleaned it. Well after cleaning it it looks a million times better. Thanks for the advice.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Ben Q 1080st issues.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by friggins View Post
Wow. I feel like a complete fool. I have been through every menu....twice. I checked the lens and it looked fine but I never actually cleaned it. Well after cleaning it it looks a million times better. Thanks for the advice.

Lol, no problem. Rather something as simple as that than anything more complex

Enjoy your revitalized image. And tell the Mrs/pets/kids/etc to keep their hands, feet and paws away from the lens in future!

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
Gear in this thread - 1080st by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page