WHy shouldn't I buy the X1? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4
Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > WHy shouldn't I buy the X1?
tkx1's Avatar tkx1 12:53 PM 09-26-2003
I'd rather add my 2 cents to a longer, older thread than see new ones wit ths same questions. The longer threads alow people to see a wider range of opinions, hopefully cuting down on the same question being asked every 2 wks.
BTW, I had a question about my motorola HD reciever and I found a 90+ thread on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tyro's Avatar Tyro 03:13 PM 09-26-2003
that this was a totally NON-specific thread with NO particular questions/problems being addressed - just the ramblings of a bunch of X1 curious.
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 09:23 PM 09-26-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyro
that this was a totally NON-specific thread with NO particular questions/problems being addressed - just the ramblings of a bunch of X1 curious.
SO what?
BreakStuff's Avatar BreakStuff 10:13 PM 09-26-2003
You guys might wanna give Mfusick a little respect..

He's been doing HT for quite a long time and provided lots of info to those of us that were not so qualified.. me being one..
Tyro's Avatar Tyro 02:14 PM 09-27-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by BreakStuff
You guys might wanna give Mfusick a little respect..

He's been doing HT for quite a long time and provided lots of info to those of us that were not so qualified.. me being one..
I FEEL for you!
rrhomes's Avatar rrhomes 02:57 PM 09-27-2003
The X1 is the single best FP Value/Performer EVER. At $899 it IS criminal not to get yourself into the DLP FP world. I bought mine 6 weeks ago, I now have it hung from the ceiling and everything set up the way I wanted to. And it rocks, it is the single solidest piece of electronics I have ever bought. Sometimes you wonder if you should take a piece of electronics back and get something better. With the X1 after having it on for 30 seconds there was no way in hell I'd be returning it. 5 Year warranty, light weight, 1:1 dvd mapping(way over looked, some pay $2000 for HTPC to get 1:1), DCDi, HDTV ready, 500+ post of unbiased (well most) X1 lovers.

Get it now or wish you had because they are getting ready to remove the DCDi and make it cheaper. Then it will be like the Panasonic DVD RP82 players you'll wished you had bought one before they cheapened it up. X1 is like saying can the Super bowl champions beat the worst team in college - It's a LOCK. Buy it, Buy it, Buy it. david
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 09:14 PM 09-27-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by rrhomes
The X1 is the single best FP Value/Performer EVER. At $899 it IS criminal not to get yourself into the DLP FP world. I bought mine 6 weeks ago, I now have it hung from the ceiling and everything set up the way I wanted to. And it rocks, it is the single solidest piece of electronics I have ever bought. Sometimes you wonder if you should take a piece of electronics back and get something better. With the X1 after having it on for 30 seconds there was no way in hell I'd be returning it. 5 Year warranty, light weight, 1:1 dvd mapping(way over looked, some pay $2000 for HTPC to get 1:1), DCDi, HDTV ready, 500+ post of unbiased (well most) X1 lovers.

Get it now or wish you had because they are getting ready to remove the DCDi and make it cheaper. Then it will be like the Panasonic DVD RP82 players you'll wished you had bought one before they cheapened it up. X1 is like saying can the Super bowl champions beat the worst team in college - It's a LOCK. Buy it, Buy it, Buy it. david
EXACTLY HOW I FEEL.

I PAID HUNDRED MORE FOR IT... and DON'T REGRET IT AT ALL.

Best thing I ever bought!
kooler's Avatar kooler 11:51 PM 09-28-2003
Where can you get one for $899?
ace5000's Avatar ace5000 01:17 PM 09-29-2003
You shouldn't buy it because you have $10,000 burning a hole in your pocket for a Runco CL-710?
gwlaw99's Avatar gwlaw99 01:24 PM 09-29-2003
Uou can get one for 900 and free shipping at the Dell website.
jsm88's Avatar jsm88 03:25 PM 09-29-2003
Yes, you could have gotten it for 899 shipped free and no tax up to midnight, and I did - but now it's listed as "delayed" as in not in stock.
Any ideas on how long Dell ususally plays this game? Better yet, any over/under bets on when I actually receive it (need it by next Thursday).:confused: :( :mad:
First ... 2  3  4

Up
Mobile  Desktop