Panasonic PTAE2000U projector keeps shutting down - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.G

post #1 of 3 Old 08-12-2015, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic PTAE2000U projector keeps shutting down

Hello,

I have a Panasonic PTAE2000u from 2007 that has worked perfectly until now. In the last few days, 2-3 minutes after powering it on, the green light on the projector turns yellow and it shuts off. Also, I've noticed that the image on the screen goes a little dark then return to normal (all within a few seconds) before the projector turns off. The lamp and fan lights never illuminate.

The lamp has about 750 hours on it. It is the second lamp that has been in the unit. It was an authentic panasonic lamp.

I checked the filter. It looks clean.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2015, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjas7 View Post
Hello,

I have a Panasonic PTAE2000u from 2007 that has worked perfectly until now. In the last few days, 2-3 minutes after powering it on, the green light on the projector turns yellow and it shuts off. Also, I've noticed that the image on the screen goes a little dark then return to normal (all within a few seconds) before the projector turns off. The lamp and fan lights never illuminate.

The lamp has about 750 hours on it. It is the second lamp that has been in the unit. It was an authentic panasonic lamp.

I checked the filter. It looks clean.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
This sounds like you forgot to reset the lamp timer when you changed lamps. If you did then try resetting again otherwise I have no clue.
jjas7 likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 3 Old Today, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
This sounds like you forgot to reset the lamp timer when you changed lamps. If you did then try resetting again otherwise I have no clue.
It worked! Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
projector shutting down