Several problems - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old 11-16-2015, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Several problems

I have a Optoma hd131xe I'm the second owner of it I bought it off ebay so blah blah warranty is out of the question. Recently it has had as what I believed was a heating problem, so I have popped it open and took it apart several times trying to fix it. However the most recent time, thanks to my carelessness when putting the motherboard back in the ribbon from the color wheel to the motherboard got caught under it and was pinched cutting part of it before I realized it and what do you know it doesn't work anymore. My projector is in a very crappy state right now with an overheating problem, the ribbon cashed, and the color wheel buzzing on the side(not sure yet if that's a problem). Can I just buy another ribbon or is it time to have some professional fix it? And who could fix it I have looked up projector repair places in my area before and the closest thing is in Atlanta 2 1/2 hours away

optoma 131xe