AVS Forum banner

ProjectorPeople.com

4K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  Rocky3RD 
#1 ·
Any of you familiar with ProjectorPeople? Any feedback? I have good reasons to ask, which I will soon explain.
Thanks

#3 ·
There are literally thousands of posts on AVS pertaining to ProjectorPeople.

Our search function is quite useful.
I didn't ask who or what ProjectorPeople is, I asked for truthful, honest, in-your-face customers' experience in dealing with ProjectorPeople, with no affiliation with this seller or personal interests

#5 ·
I did too, but now I returned the bought items and they don't want to give me my money back. Items where in good status, one item was not even taken out of the shipping box even, and it was returned sealed in its original box. But now they are giving me a hard time getting a refund

#6 ·
Ive dealt with them many times. They do come across as sleazy used car salesman at times with their "upgrade advice" and they did not know jack diddley poop about Pro Cinema audio. But other than that I found them to be reliable when it came to my orders.

#7 ·
They told me that because I kept the purchased items longer than 30 days a refund is not negotiable...
Keep in mind, these are items that I didnt even unpack (a projector + replacement lamp).
The items are not damaged nor did I use them. It seems to me a little weird that they cant give me a refund, yet they gladly took the merchandise back that I sent them via Fedex

#11 ·
The standard return policy for most authorized sellers of electronics is 30 days. It also lists their terms for returns on their website. I'm not sure why you would attempt to return items past 30 days. Outside of places like Costco, no one is going to take electronics back after 30 days.

#17 ·
Thanks to AVS for having an ignore feature, I recently put it to good use. ;)

- Jason

#30 ·
It seems there are multiple lessons to be learned from this case by inexperienced shoppers. Not being aware of the 30-day limit for returns of electronics like projectors is number one. Number two would be the RMA process. Like most legitimate retailers, ProjectorPeople.com clearly defines their return policy:

RMA Request

We guarantee great customer support. We also understand that from time to time, you may need to return a product purchased from Projector People. To streamline that process, we provide this online form to initiate a Return Merchandise Authorization (or RMA).

Please complete the form below and click the submit button. A customer service representative will review the form and contact you if necessary. Once we receive your information, you will then receive an RMA number and return instructions by email. Do not ship any products back to Projector People without a valid RMA number. If you have problems submitting this form please call 800-639-3010 ext 2666. -- Thank you.
Since purchase date is required on the RMA form, it's likely that if an RMA request were made after the 30-day limit it would be denied. Without all the details we can't be absolutely certain what all went wrong in this case. But it appears likely that the RMA process was not properly followed in addition to exceeding the 30-day return limit.

#31 ·
It seems there are multiple lessons to be learned from this case by inexperienced shoppers. Not being aware of the 30-day limit for returns of electronics like projectors is number one. Number two would be the RMA process. Like most legitimate retailers, ProjectorPeople.com clearly defines their return policy:

Since purchase date is required on the RMA form, it's likely that if an RMA request were made after the 30-day limit it would be denied. Without all the details we can't be absolutely certain what all went wrong in this case. But it appears likely that the RMA process was not properly followed in addition to exceeding the 30-day return limit.
30 day return policy after using the product or breaking the quality seal is one thing. My situation is different

#38 ·
You can blame Projector People all you want, but EVERYONE who returns something to them is going to think that they're special and that they deserve a full refund regardless of the company policy that was breached. It looks like you made a mistake, and instead of owning up to it are trying to badmouth a company because of their industry standard return policy. You made a mistake (or two in this case). Take your lumps and stop trying to sully the reputation of a company for your own shortcomings.

I'm also not really sure how they ended up with your money and your products? It sounds like they shipped the items to you, you sat on them for 2 months, realized that you didn't want them and contacted Projector People, were told that the best that they would do would be to give you store credit, and then you shipped them the items anyway after being told that you wouldn't be refunded. Is that accurate?

#39 ·
I'm also not really sure how they ended up with your money and your products? It sounds like they shipped the items to you, you sat on them for 2 months, realized that you didn't want them and contacted Projector People, were told that the best that they would do would be to give you store credit, and then you shipped them the items anyway after being told that you wouldn't be refunded. Is that accurate?
This is also confusing to me...why did you ship the items back to them if you weren't satisfied with what they told you (store credit only)?

#46 ·
I think he is just looking for a bit of attention. Why even argue this much about a point of view that is so obviously short sighted, to people who can't help with the situation anyway? I just don't believe anyone could be this naive and still have the intelligence to deal with home theater equipment. The only ulterior motive I can think of is he is lonely. I guess it worked, look how many replies he has received. There is no way he really believes this nonsense.

#48 ·
290+ posts in 13 days. Judging by the content (lack thereof) of this guy's posts, he's a troll.

I'm trying to learn about projectors in anticipation of a future purchase and I have to sift through countless garbage post after garbage post of his. Starting threads on topics that have been discussed ad nauseum. Justifying his purchases, items, etc as the best when, clearly, there is better to be had. The idiocy has to stop! Moderators, time to moderate this individual, PLEASE!

Ignore function will be used on Rocky3rd from here on out.

#50 ·
They simply said to return the merchandise with the pre-paid shipping labels they emailed me and that they had to inspect the equipment before reaching a conclusion, and that most likely I could get a refund. Now it seems that a refund wont be possible, but they will grant me a store credit. Not exactly my first choice but better than losing my money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.