Where to buy Panasonic AE4000 Bulb replacement - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 01-30-2016, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Where to buy Panasonic AE4000 Bulb replacement

I've been trying to purchase a Panasonic AE4000 bulb replacement with no luck, I am simply overwhelmed at what is "real" and what is not. what is a replacement, unit, and what is just the bulb. I bought something from what I thought was a credible source, but it was a knockoff brand bulb, advertised incorrectly, and it didn't fit.

Can anyone give me a link to the enter replacement unit so I can buy it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-30-2016, 11:00 PM
DrA

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Panasonic ET-LAE4000 Projector Lamp within new lamp housing from B&H which is an authorized Panasonic dealer is $350. I have that projector too languishing in my attic because that is an outrageous price for a projector that old. If you can find Genuine Original Osram P-VIP Bulb you can replace it yourself. Let me know if you find it.

Improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, **** happens, I Ching.
post #3 of 18 Old 01-31-2016, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzirkelb View Post
I've been trying to purchase a Panasonic AE4000 bulb replacement with no luck, I am simply overwhelmed at what is "real" and what is not. what is a replacement, unit, and what is just the bulb. I bought something from what I thought was a credible source, but it was a knockoff brand bulb, advertised incorrectly, and it didn't fit.

Can anyone give me a link to the enter replacement unit so I can buy it?
Also try ProVantage. http://www.provantage.com/panasonic-...0~7PANP0H0.htm

Just $300. I have dealt with them before and recommend them.

Mike

post #4 of 18 Old 02-02-2016, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
ordered from provantage, thanks!
post #5 of 18 Old 06-15-2016, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Any way to tell if this is the real deal? Too many crooks in the world.

https://www.amazon.com/-LAE4000-Pana...rds=ET-LAE4000
post #6 of 18 Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post
Any way to tell if this is the real deal? Too many crooks in the world.

https://www.amazon.com/-LAE4000-Pana...rds=ET-LAE4000
It's not a genuine Panasonic lamp, read the description. They state it's a genuine OSRAM bulb, that's all.

They charge a 20% restocking if you want to return. Not BBB accredited. All red flags.

Genuine Panasonic lamp should arrive in Panasonic marked box with new filter.

As previously posted go to Provantage for the real deal.

http://www.provantage.com/panasonic-...0~7PANP0H0.htm

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #7 of 18 Old 06-16-2016, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I buy all my lamps from Electrified you can find them on Ebay or a google search. I bought this AE4000 and got a lamp from Electrified a year ago, still very bright after 600hrs and ticking. The lamp was under $100.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
http://www.videodementia.com/sales/TomWithWires.jpg
post #8 of 18 Old 06-16-2016, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
It's not a genuine Panasonic lamp, read the description. They state it's a genuine OSRAM bulb, that's all.

They charge a 20% restocking if you want to return. Not BBB accredited. All red flags.

Genuine Panasonic lamp should arrive in Panasonic marked box with new filter.

As previously posted go to Provantage for the real deal.

http://www.provantage.com/panasonic-...0~7PANP0H0.htm

Thanks, I ordered one. Should be here tomorrow.
post #9 of 18 Old 05-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
A little late for the first poster's use, but I've purchased OEM bulbs from APEX for $269. The one I'm currently using has about 1900 hours in standard mode and still looks and functions well. It must be close to 4 years old, given that I've had the projector for 7 1/2 years and it was the only bulb replacement.

Last edited by bruce3404; 05-02-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: clarification
post #10 of 18 Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
A little late for the first poster's use, but I've purchased OEM bulbs from APEX for $269. The one I'm currently using has about 1900 hours in standard mode and still looks and functions well. It must be close to 4 years old, given that I've had the projector for 7 1/2 years and it was the only bulb replacement.
While it may work well for you the lamp described on their site is not a genuine Panasonic lamp but rather a supposed OEM bulb. Just wanted to clarify and make that distinction for other interested parties.

post #11 of 18 Old 05-03-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
While it may work well for you the lamp described on their site is not a genuine Panasonic lamp but rather a supposed OEM bulb. Just wanted to clarify and make that distinction for other interested parties.
Thank you for that clarification. While I don't want to pull the last lamp I purchased from them and double check whether it's a real Panny, I did find it curious that their pricing was quite a bit lower than others', while still being quite a bit higher than some of the supposed "exact OEM" replacements on other sites. I did find the old box that the lamp arrived in and there is no Panasonic marking on the box, so perhaps that's a good sign that I didn't get what I thought I got. But how do they get away with advertising "New OEM Bulb with New Housing"? That doesn't say...."New OEM-like Bulb". If you click on the little question mark next to the description, it further says that "you are buying an OEM lamp, not a copy or knock off", but then they waffle a bit by saying you're buying a new bulb manufactured by one of half a dozen manufacturers approved by some of the major projector manufacturers. A bit of a head scratcher, no? And if the bulb is appropriate, nothing is mentioned about the housing which may or may not be a refurb.
I'd appreciate further comments.
post #12 of 18 Old 05-03-2017, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
STAY AWAY from Amazon 3rd parties for replacement bulbs. I've purchased one claiming to be genuine Panasonic. It came in a bag, no filter, mispelled words molded into the plastic in both German and English. None of this really stuck out to me until it didn't quite fit right. Back to trusty B&H where I paid a whole lot more, but got my double boxed, Panasonic labeled bulb with air filter. I'd stick to the established retailers and save the hassle.

MM
post #13 of 18 Old 05-04-2017, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
Thank you for that clarification. While I don't want to pull the last lamp I purchased from them and double check whether it's a real Panny, I did find it curious that their pricing was quite a bit lower than others', while still being quite a bit higher than some of the supposed "exact OEM" replacements on other sites. I did find the old box that the lamp arrived in and there is no Panasonic marking on the box, so perhaps that's a good sign that I didn't get what I thought I got. But how do they get away with advertising "New OEM Bulb with New Housing"? That doesn't say...."New OEM-like Bulb". If you click on the little question mark next to the description, it further says that "you are buying an OEM lamp, not a copy or knock off", but then they waffle a bit by saying you're buying a new bulb manufactured by one of half a dozen manufacturers approved by some of the major projector manufacturers. A bit of a head scratcher, no? And if the bulb is appropriate, nothing is mentioned about the housing which may or may not be a refurb.

I'd appreciate further comments.
You are right to be confused with this nebulous wording. While the bulb may indeed be similar to the original bulb in the Panasonic lamp everything else is a clone. As you have mentioned an OEM lamp comes in a Panasonic marked box with a brand new filter. Anything else is not the real deal.

A clone housing can be a major issue. I have come across a few horror stories where the housing connectors have fused to the projector making extraction near impossible. While there may be better quality control for a $269 clone lamp the ones selling for less than $100 are pure junk.

post #14 of 18 Old 05-04-2017, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the further clarification. For me it makes no sense, despite success with the last bulb from Apex, to save what amounts to a little over 4 cents a day on Apex vs the real thing. Now the only question is whether I go another cycle with a projector (AE-4000) closing in on eight years; given the limited usage of around 4000 hours total and my general happiness with the projector, I'm inclined to hang onto it.
post #15 of 18 Old 07-10-2017, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I am just about to purchase a replacement bulb for my 4000. I found one on Kijiji from someone who sold his projector etc..
There is no easy way to verify if the bulb and filter are brand new, except for packaging. Can you guys tell me if the packaging was vacuum sealed or just wrapped in plastic?
Thanks

Last edited by VirTERM; 07-10-2017 at 07:43 AM.
post #16 of 18 Old 07-10-2017, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 170
It's not vacuum sealed. Buying a used bulb from someone sounds like a really bad idea. I've got 3 in my garage that I'll be glad to sell you. They're "like new", I'm sure.

Mike
post #17 of 18 Old 07-10-2017, 08:40 AM

Thanks Michael,
I hear you.... but
I am told, that he has sold his projector "with the house" and that he also had a spare bulb (never used), which is still sealed in original plastics but not vacuum sealed. This is why I posted my question...
post #18 of 18 Old 08-14-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirTERM View Post
Thanks Michael,

I hear you.... but

I am told, that he has sold his projector "with the house" and that he also had a spare bulb (never used), which is still sealed in original plastics but not vacuum sealed. This is why I posted my question...

Decided not to go for it after all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page