The X1 HYPE is out of Control - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #91 of 105 Old 04-23-2003, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a right to say whatever I want people. You can sit there and knock me all you want, but I'm entitled to my freakin opinion. Some of you are so bothered by my opinions that you demand I be censored. Go ahead- trash the Sanyo Z1, I'm not gonna call you names and berate you. But hell, If you say "I hate the X1", then watch out! Whole lotta people gonna get pissed off, call you names and take cheap shots at ya.

You are all nothing but a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites. I don't like the X1. Get over it, take a pill or get a life, because I'm not going away and I'm not going to shut my mouth to make you all happy. There are plenty of other people who don't like the X1 too, and you are not going to shut them down either with your insults.

FREE SPEECH FOREVER ON AVSFORM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 Old 04-23-2003, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Ahhhh,

Xallax...

Winner of the "Troll of the Month award" two months in a row!

Robert Clark
post #93 of 105 Old 04-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

OK people, I wasn't kidding when I suggested to drop discussion of / with / about the troll.

This has gotten a little sick / twisted for my taste ... although for some it may still class as entertainment.

If there are X1 questions, comments, opinions, let's post them elsewhere and let this one fall to the bottom of the pond. If there's a moderator out there, let's pull the plug on this one.

xalax won't go away until he doesn't have anyone to play with.

heading over the rainbow,

Mark

Experienced Novice
post #94 of 105 Old 04-23-2003, 07:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 213
I know you get my point.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
post #95 of 105 Old 04-23-2003, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No matter what posts you End or Begin "Ex-lax" could & will come and invade like a Rogue virus. You have to develop an anti-venom (just ignore & alienate him) or better yet "Neuter":D

See you all on the flip-side ;)

Jessica:D

P.S. You guys are top shelf & thanks for all the help. ;)

Whats a nice guy like you doing in a place like this?
post #96 of 105 Old 04-24-2003, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, everyone chill out right now or this thread will disappear faster than my 401(k) balance. xallax is entitled to his opinion of the X1, unpopular as it may be. And xallax, I don't need to remind you that this is a privately-owned forum, not a public soapbox--the concept of "censorship" does not apply here. Your manner of stating your opinions is not winning you any converts to your point-of-view, and is skating dangerously close to the edge of being considered as trolling.

I would like to suggest that everyone please re-read and observe the forum rules for posting messages (which prohibit trolling, flaming and ad hominem attacks on fellow members). If you can't conduct yourselves as courteous, civilized adults, leave.
post #97 of 105 Old 04-24-2003, 07:10 AM

Liked: 11
Bravo, Scott!
post #98 of 105 Old 07-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xallax
All these posts only tell me one thing - We need an X1 Forum, so you can all pat yourselves on the back.

Unfortunately, when the X2 comes out in 6 months with a higher rez (that doesn't crop DVD's), you are all going to be pissed you went with 800x600.
Less pissed than those who spent even more for LCD.
post #99 of 105 Old 07-30-2003, 12:19 AM

Forgive the dumb question, but what is "trolling"? sounds like a fishing term...
post #100 of 105 Old 07-30-2003, 01:03 AM
AVS Special Member

bought mine sunday afternoon at BB and love it. paid a grand and if they release a 16x9 in 8 months awesome ill move the x1 into the bedroom and use the x2 in the theater then move the old lcd to ebay ;-)
post #101 of 105 Old 07-30-2003, 01:43 AM
Advanced Member

Well.... Xallax I have two points to make....

First off, "When the X2 comes out, I'm gonna be laughing at everyone when it decreases even more in price value"...... well buddy boy, Digital projectors.....lose PLENTY of there value in 6 months. Just look at some of the high end PJ's..... better yet, look at PC prices.....

Second off, Projectors are all about personal taste.... If someone likes there X1, good for them, if you liked the Z1 better good for you... simple as that, no technical jargon no nothing.

Yeah there is Hype about X1.... but why is it there? Because its a CHEAP projector that shows an AWESOME image, you may agree you may disagree, but for the most part, most people like it. Your happy with your Z1, so why not climb out the X1 people's back.

But you don't go up to someone, and tell them there projector sucks bud. I know some people who would kill you for that :o)

And one more thing.... that Ex-Lax comment.... too funny....

Come on where's the love up in AVS!
post #102 of 105 Old 07-30-2003, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Please don't feed the trolls...

Robert Clark
post #103 of 105 Old 07-30-2003, 09:14 AM

YAY! My first post!!!!! The lurker steps into the light!!!!

As to the X1 issue, and PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT BASHING ;-), I went with a friend to audition one in Toronto, and I have to agree that FOR ME the rainbow effect was astounding. My Electrohome ECP 4100 needs a fix, so I thought I'd research a cheaper alternative. The X1 seemed to be it. I had cash in hand, and was completely prepared to put down the money right there, but had to pass.

I am truly amazed at the quality of projection that thing puts out. Colours are great, contrast was very nice, and the price is amazing - but when the store manager put in The Fifth Element the effects drove me crazy. In particular was the one scene where Leelu (sp?) was kicking ass in the hallway of the Starship. The high contrast fluorescent lights were rainbowing like crazy. My buddy (who has a 55" Samsung DLP RPTV on order) had to leave the room it made him so sick, and now he's questioning his purchase and might have to cancel his order. Some poeple seem to be very sensitive to this effect. As you all probably know, tests were done to see at what rotation speed rainbow effects cancel out. The minimum was 9x. His Samsung is 4 or 5 x and now he's worried.

I'm thinking I'll have to buy the Studio Experience Matinee 1HD LCD Projector (the Sanyo Z1). I auditioned it at the same time, and man LCDs have come a long way at its price range. If you haven't seen one, you should. The manager put it up, softened it a TINY bit, and WOW what a picture. They're now going for $1799 (Cdn). I think this is the one for me. It SHOULD do me for at least 3 years. Maybe by then 3 chip DLPs will be $1000 (yeah right).

To wrap up - I highly suggest you audition one, or ask to see a buddy's to see if you are sensitive to the rainbow effect. You may want to consider that in most scenarios it will be you and one or two others watching at the same time - they might be sensitive as well, and that could be a problem. I doubt most reading this haven't bought one already. If you have (and you've kept it) then you obviously haven't seen or are bothered by the effect. Congrats - you've bought a fantastic projector, and it's an outstanding value with cinema-like quality. It's the closest thing I've seen in its price range to my CRT projector (and that baby does 1280x102$), which is amazing.

Hope that was more constructive than "X1's SUCK MAN!!!!!!" ;-)

PS - I plan to rape all your brains for info in the near future so be prepared (or else wear tin foil hats).

Cheers
post #104 of 105 Old 07-30-2003, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dpadair
Less pissed than those who spent even more for LCD.
What exactly made you think it'd be a good idea to drag this 3 month old thread back up? :confused: It was done! The world was a happier place without it!

-Rob
post #105 of 105 Old 07-30-2003, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh brother. Before this gets out of hand again... CLANK!

Closed.
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page